Chapter Five

꧁𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚂𝚔𝚒𝚙 4 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚑𝚜꧂

Our first-period teacher was calling for Rin, a poor attempt to try to wake him up. I was sitting next to him, I sighed and looked at the teacher. "He sleeps like a rock, you won't wake him like that. You need to wake him like this." As I said that the class was watching in curiosity as well as the teacher, I reached my hand up and smacked Rin on the back of his head. He jolted awake. "Sukiyaki!" He yelled, a snot bubble popping, he looked at me and growled rubbing his head where I had slapped him.

I smiled innocently hiding a cunning look. Our teacher proceeded with his lecture after telling Rin off for sleeping in class. "You're gonna pay for that." Rin grumbled under his breath. "Oh? I'd like to see you try.~" I mocked him, he growled again and looked back at his book causing me to giggle quietly.

Rin turned behind him, I followed his gaze and saw Bon staring intensely at Rin almost as if he wanted to kill him. I looked at Rin and noticed he seemed to be having a self-absorbed conversation in his head again based on his facial expression. I looked back at Bon and we made eye contact, I smiled and gave him a small wave. He looked back at his book with a huff, I felt as though someone was staring at me so I looked over and saw Shima staring at me as though he was daydreaming.

I smiled at him and waved just like I did with Bon, Shima blushed and waved back, a big smile plastered on his face so I turned back around to properly sit in my seat. "Can anyone name the lowest-level demon related to the king of Astaroth?" Our teacher asked, I perked up knowing the answer, Rin was sleeping in class next to me again. "Okumura!" Our teacher yelled, Rin jumped awake, I put a hand up to my mouth to cover my laugh.

He rubbed the back of his head nervously and said he had never seen one, I kept my mouth covered continuing to hide my quiet laughter. "It's a coaltar." Our teacher said annoyed, our teacher then looked at me still annoyed. "Based on you laughing I assume you knew the answer." I nodded at his comment, Rin shot me a dirty look. "It is rude to laugh at fellow students regarding their intelligence." Did this teacher just call Rin stupid? That was smooth. That made me quietly laugh again.

"(L/n) since you find this so funny...tell me, who is the second most powerful demon in Gehenna?"

"(D/n)" I replied smugly.

"And are they living or not?" The teacher challenged me, I clenched my fists.

"He is deceased."

"How did he die?" The teacher continued to challenge my knowledge.

"Satan killed him along with (D/n)'s wife, (M/n)." I said through gritted teeth.

"And they died why?" He said pushing up his glasses.

"They were protecting their only daughter, no one knows who she is or if she survived." I said suppressing my black flames so they wouldn't be unleashed.

"Very well, you know quite a lot about demons. No wonder why you have an A+ in all your exorcist classes. You may sit back down."

I sat back down angrily, Rin looked at me nervously. 'How dare that stupid human make me relive that traumatic experience!? I swear when I'm through with him he'll be no more than a head on a pole!' Rin tapped me on the shoulder as the bell rang, I grabbed my binder and stormed out of the class to my next class. Before I stormed out I gave the teacher a death stare making him gulp and readjusted his collar. I ignored the classmates asking what my deal was for storming out like that. Just then I saw (F/n) trot up to me meowing, I squat down and pat her on the head.