Spencer Reid (Criminal Minds) SMUT

spencer doesnt dislike much.

he's just not fond of a few things; germs, surprises, and his birthday.

germs are an obvious one, he's got too much knowledge about the danger of bacteria to not be a germaphobe.

he hates not knowing about things, hence the dislike of surprises. he always knows when someone is planning a surprise for him, and it always bothers him when they won't tell him what it's about. or worse, when they lie about it. it worsens the trust issues he already has.

and he hates his birthday. he doesn't like a day all about him, it makes him feel vulnerable and susceptible to all kinds of conversations he's not ready to have yet. it involves people disrespecting his boundaries and going in for hugs, cheap frosting and dry cake. basically just sadness and a reminder that yes he has survived another year, and no he's not married yet.

but then you came along.

when spencer and you first started going out, it was around the time of his birthday. you'd only been dating for four months prior to then, and you knew him so well already from being his workplace friend, that you didn't do anything huge and surprise filled for his birthday.

you instead told all the members of your guy's team to write him a little card or letter instead of doing gifts. you told them you'd be going out with him so there was no need for there to be a big celebration filled with loud music and drinks that spencer barely touched. you couldn't convince rossi to not slip him a $500 check, but you tried your hardest, and that's what spencer thinks matters.

spencer and you spent the night together, watching all of his favorite movies and giggling as he listened to you read pride and prejudice to him in silly posh voices. it was his best birthday to date.

now approaching your second birthday of his together, you had something different in mind.

you still told everyone to not go overboard with presents and such, but you wanted to do something a little more fun this time.

fun in a different way than watching movies and eating enough ice cream to kill a small child.

spencer and you were enjoying the saturday that his birthday fell on this year. you had gone to breakfast at a small cafe bookstore at the edge of town, and then you lied around all day, catching up on the sleep you missed from the case you'd been on this week. as night approached and neither of you were tired from being dormant all day, your plan set into motion.

"okay birthday boy" you began as you sat up from your place on his chest. "i know you always say no gifts unless it's christmas or it's books, but i have a little something for you that i think you'll like." you smiled.

spencer looked uneasy. "what are you gonna kill ne or something? you know i hate surprises."

"of course i know that dummy, i would never surprise you with anything, i'm not a terrible girlfriend." you joked.

spencer rolled his eyes, "what is it then?"

"okay okay wait one second." you hopped off your bed and ran into the bathroom where you'd strategically hidden the white lacy lingere you'd bought for tonight.

you slipped on the bustier and thong along with the garter that fit snugly around your thighs. you kept your hair and makeup the same. spencer honestly didn't care if you were in something fancy or naked, he just loved you. so he would be shocked to say the least when he sees you now.

you walked out of the bathroom slightly less confident than you'd gone in, feeling silly under the eyes of the doctor.

but all the insecurities melted away once you saw how dark his eyes were and how he gulped a bit as you neared him.