Chapter 13

With a deep sigh, Marinette entered the door to Master Fu's place.

"Marinette," Master Fu said her name calmly, like he was already expecting her to come inside from that door. He was always like that — mysteriously calm and comfortable to be around.

Marinette smiled, sitting opposite to Master Fu.

"I've been waiting for you," Master Fu said. Wayyz floating beside him. The kwami greeted Marinette and proceeded to having a conversation with Tikki.

Marinette didn't speak for a minute, before she heaved a heavy sigh.

"I'm sorry, Master Fu," she said, her voice was so low. Her shoulders were slumped down and it's real evident how down she's been feeling lately.

"You have nothing to apologise for, Marinette," Master Fu said in a comforting tone. "You're not supposed to carry that heavy weight on your shoulder. It's not bad to ask for help sometimes."

There was something about Master Fu's voice that triggered Marinette's tears. It was like it allowed her to be vulnerable — even just for a moment. She started weeping, wiping her eyes with her hands as she tried to fight back the tears. Tikki and Wayzz immediately rushed to her side, comforting her.

Master Fu already know why Marinette dropped by. So as soon as she calmed down and a faint smile was plastered on her face again, Master Fu stood up and walked to the counter where he keeps the miraculouses hidden.

He placed the box between him and Marinette.

"You will need your friends help." It came out more like a statement than a question.

Timidly, Marinette nodded.

"I was waiting for you to take the miraculouses from me," Master Fu told her.

"Thank you, Master," Marinette gratefully said. "I just really need their help. . . I promise to keep these safe."

"I know you will. Now, go and save your cat and the Paris."

***

Marinette finally was able to breathe in relief when she reached the Bourgeois's hotel. Somehow, she managed to convince Chloé that she has an important thing to tell them — including Chloé, herself.

When she arrived, still clutching her sling bag that contains all the miraculous in it, her friends were already there.

"I have an important favor to ask you," she told them, right after closing the door to the hotel room they are in.

Chloé, who was sitting prettily at the bed, rolled her eyes. "Speak up, Dupain-Cheng. Make sure that what you're about to say is really worth my time."

Marinette let what she said pass.

That girl is going to regret how she's treating Marinette as soon as Marinette tells them what she has to tell them, Tikki thought to herself.

"What is it, Marinette?" Nino encouragingly asked.

"I'm Ladybug."

1 minute.

2 minutes.

3 minutes had passed, then Chloé erupted to a fit of exaggerated yet classy and taunting laugh. The others stared at Marinette, obviously not buying what she said.

"This is no time for joke, Chloé," she said as calmly as she could. "I asked all of you to come here so we can think of a plan to save Chat Noir from Hawkmoth, and hopefully, destroy Hawkmoth himself."

"As if," Chloé said, sounding insulting. "You need to probe us first —"

"Tikki, spots on."

And just like that, Marinette transformed into Ladybug in front of them.

Chloé turned silent — feeling a mix of admiration and shock. The others stared at Marinette like she had just performed a magic trick. And Alya, her best friend, stood there with pride in her eyes.

"Now, take each of your miraculous and let's think of a plan against Hawkmoth," she calmly told them. "Remember never to let anyone aside from us know our identity."