Chapter 15

It was midnight. Paris is asleep. 

Well, except Marinette, Chloe, Max, Nino, Alya, Luka, Kim, and their kwamis.

Today is the day they've decided to conduct their plan. They've been planning it for almost a week. And three days ago, the kwamis succesfully contacted Plagg. 

The group was waiting nervously (and tensed) in Chloe's room -- the only room that's big enough for all of them and the only place where no one would bother them. Plagg is going to meet them there as soon as he escapes Hawkmoth's lair.

"I do hope Plagg will succeed on escaping," Chloe said, yawning. "I sacrificed my beauty sleep for this and I'm not going to like it if goes to nothing!"

Despite Chloe's usual mean comment, the whole group giggled and laughed. At least, they were able to get their minds off Hawkmoth and Chloe somehow made the situation feel light.

"What are you laughing at?" she whined, but couldn't hide the smile off her face too. I made Ladybug laugh, she told herself. "I'm serious!"

"We know you are," Marinette giggled. 

For the next hour, they somehow told stories to laugh at with each other.

But it was cut shortly when Plagg showed up.

***

A shuffling noise woke Adrien -- who was only able to sleep lightly because his position wasn't really that comfortable.

He craned his neck at the sides because it hurt from his position while sleeping. After that, he squinted his eyes at the source of the faint light in the room he's in. It was floating and he wondered how until he came to realized that it was Plagg.

"Plagg," he whispered.

Plagg immediately hearned his owner and turned around.

"Hush, Adrien," he said. "I need to escape. I'll come back later with Ladybug."

Adrien's eyes widened in protest. If he was still half asleep earlier, how he's woken up fully because of Plagg's statement.

"You can't bring her here!" he exclaimed, but still whispering. "You're going to put her life in danger."

Plagg groaned.

"Ladybug's tought. And she has company."

"Still, don't bring her here, Plagg!"

"She's going to come here one way or another. Besides, I'm tired of hearing you have nightmares on your sleep. We have to get you out of here."

Adrien's next protests were ignored by Plagg. The kwami began going for the small hole by the side of the building that led to the Agreste's garden. He made that way out for four days. He dug the dirt so he can have passage for entering and leaving.

When he's already near the garden, Plagg decided to ditch the small flashlight. He can't risk having Nathalie or Adrien's driver — or Gabriel Agreste himself — seeing and catching him. They need to succeed tonight — even if it's only on saving Adrien from his manipulative and selfish father.

"Hmmm! Nice air!" Plagg dramatically exclaimed as soon as he successfully made it out of the Agreste's property. But as soon as he caught a glimpse of the tall building of the Bourgeois's home, he came back to being serious and made his way there.

The group was in the middle of talking when he showed up in front of them.

"Plagg!" Marinette exclaimed in joy. "You made it!"

"Save the hug for Adrien, Marinette," Plagg said flatly, obviously not a fan of skinship.

Marinette turned red and everyone else giggled at Plagg's comment.

After a short celebration because Plagg had made it out, Marinette spoke again.

"We should not waste time," she said. "Can you lead us the way now, Plagg?"

The kwami nodded.

With that, they started walking sneakily while following Plagg.

Everyone gasped when they reached the destination.

It was in front of the Agreste's mansion.

"You mean. . . You mean to tell me that the one who captured Adrien is his own father?