Certain

Because they have guarded that 'small accident' where the YunmengJiang Sect leader and GusuLan Sect leader swapped bodies, no one found out aside from the ones in the know. And with this, life resumed as usual... or so they thought?

"Sect leader Jiang!"

Jiang Cheng's already usually dark expression became darker when he heard the voice that has become familiar to him recently. He slowly turned and forced a smile, which actually looked more murderous than amiable, frightening his own disciples and the disciples of the man that called him. "Sect leader Lan." He said, his brow spasming as he looked at Lan Xichen, making his irritation grew.

Lan Xichen smiled like the usual, not a bit offended from Jiang Cheng's unwelcoming 'smile'. He even took a step forward, lessening the distance between him and Jiang Cheng, which is in contrast of his disciples who almost leapt backward, wanting to get away from Jiang Cheng as much as possible.

"Sect leader Jiang. We met again." Lan Xichen said with a bright smile on his face, contrary to the dark expression of Jiang Cheng that made him look more like a malevolent ghost than the malevolent ghost.

"Yes." Jiang Cheng, who has met the man just this afternoon, said.

Lan Xichen knew when to retreat, and so he didn't force his luck seeing the Zidian ring on Jiang Cheng's finger sparkled. So, he spoke as he took a step backward. "Sect leader Jiang also brought his disciples, and young master Jin, to night hunt?" he asked and glanced at Jin Ling.

Jin Ling didn't dare make a trouble again (A/N: so he is aware XD) and just lowered his head, cowering, since he didn't want to meet Lan Xichen's gaze. He isn't afraid of Lan Xichen, but of Jiang Cheng! He was also there that night, and so he also heard Lan Xichen's confession to Jiang Cheng. Thus, every time he saw Lan Sizhui and Lan Jingyi, most especially Lan Xichen, anyone with surname Lan, he immediately turns on his heel and run away. He knew, his uncle doesn't like Lan Xichen.

Or else, Jiang Cheng would've answered Lan Xichen's confession that night! Everything's just so awkward! He met Lan Sizhui's and Lan Jingyi's gaze. The former awkwardly smiled while the latter raised his brows, as if asking him, 'what's going on with your uncle and Zewu-jun?'. How can he, a mere nephew of one of the involved, answer?

"Begin!" Jiang Cheng spoke while Lan Xichen turned to his disciples and also had them leave... erm, start with their night-hunt. (A/N: *cough)

The disciples wanted nothing other than wanting to leave. They don't want to bear the pressure of the tense atmosphere between the two sect leaders! What the hell happened before?! Can anyone tell them?! And so, when their respective leaders gave them the order, they ran faster than the rabbits fleeing for their life!

The already tense atmosphere became even more tense when it was the two protagonists left. It was even more intense because of the silence between them.

As the suitor, Lan Xichen broke the silence. "Wanyin." He called.

Hearing this, a vein popped in Jiang Cheng's forehead. "When did I give you the right to call me so casually?" he asked as he glared at Lan Xichen.

Lan Xichen embarrassingly smiled and looked away. "I apologize, sect leader Jiang." He said and secretly glanced at Jiang Cheng.

As expected, Jiang Cheng's expression eased. "Why do I see you everywhere, every time?" he asked. Each day, he can see the man three times! In the morning, in the afternoon, as well as in the evening during night hunts! If he is very familiar with Lan Xichen, then he would have invited the other, and that would make Lan Xichen complete the three meals in one day!

Lan Xichen heard the question and he stared at Jiang Cheng's face which made Jiang Cheng suddenly feel conscious. "Does sect leader Jiang really not know?" he asked back. "I am pursuing you." He told him.

Jiang Cheng, who has never been in a relationship nor have felt any romantic feelings to any other person before, blushed for the first time! Although he has heard Lan Xichen's confession that night, but he, as an unromantic person, is never familiar with romance stuff like pursuing the other. Thus, after so many days of wearing a dark expression, his expression finally cracked and a confused and shocked expression registered on his face.

"... 'pursuing'?" he spoke with much difficulty. He only knows confessions of feeling, but the process to reach that stage, he doesn't know.

Lan Xichen smiled. "Yes. I am pursuing sect leader Jiang." He told him.

"But, I am not a woman." Jiang Cheng frowned.

"Is romance only limited to a man and woman relationship?" Lan Xichen asked back. Jiang Cheng stared at him. "If I can't pursue you because you are also a man like me, then, doesn't that also prohibit my feelings towards you?" he asked.

Jiang Cheng fell silent. He isn't like Wei Wuxian who is knowledge about this stuff. And, even though he's always with Wei Wuxian who is a 'master' in romantic relationships, but he never asked anything from the other about this stuff.

And so, sect leader Jiang fell in a conundrum. Lan Xichen saw the other's frown and knitted brows and a surprised expression registered on his face. Jiang Cheng... really doesn't know anything about romance? This question was answered by Jiang Cheng's next words.

"I... how do I respond? What should I do?" Jiang Cheng awkwardly asked. His brows knitted in irritation.

Since young, he has always taken everything into consideration, thus each step he took is filled with cautiousness. It was only this time he faced this problem.

Suddenly, he thought of something. He looked at Lan Xichen who is still looking at him with his face filled in surprise. "Right. Why did you fall... ehem. Why is it me?" he asked. "Was it because we swapped bodies?" he can finally ask the question that has been bugging him since that night. "Since when?" he added.

Lan Xichen recovered from his surprise. "I fell in love with you when I first saw you." He answered. "Your eyes are clear and bright, and filled with righteousness. Your voice is filled with decisiveness every time you speak – " he said.

Jiang Cheng, who has never been complimented before, felt his face is burning in awkwardness and embarrassment. "Stop! Stop! I get it! I get it!" he said as he raised his hand to make Lan Xichen stop speaking. Ugh... he lowered his head to hide his burning face. "So, you are pursuing me. Then, what next?" he asked. "Responding? How do I respond?" he muttered to himself.

"Do you dislike me?" Lan Xichen asked.

Jiang Cheng thought about it. "Other than the recent days you are irritating me... ehem, purs-pursuing me... then, no." he said and looked away when he saw the smile in Lan Xichen's eyes.

"Then – " Lan Xichen said as he took a step forward and, while Jiang Cheng has his gaze somewhere else, leaned down to the other to make them face to face. "- do you like me, too?" he asked in a low voice.

Jiang Cheng turned, which is a mistake, since his gaze was captured by Lan Xichen's gaze, and he found he couldn't escape. That feeling of the fast beating of his heart that night when their palms touched and their bodies became close returned again. His burning face felt hotter and he wanted to look away from Lan Xichen's deep gaze, but, it was too late.

Lan Xichen stared at Jiang Cheng's blushing face and bright eyes. There's no need to answer his question, since the answer is already evident in the other's eyes. He raised his hands and touched the other's burning cheeks with his both hands. Like that night, he bumped his forehead against the other's forehead, making the other touch his forehead ribbon again, then, he crossed the distance between their lips.

Remove the uncertainty in his question. That is his answer.

(A/N: so the 'his' in the last sentence is both referring to LXC and JC. English time? Lol. I'm not an English major, and English is my third language. Anyway, 'his answer' is JC's answer, and 'his answer' is also LXC's, because the answer is for him. Okay? XD I decided to end it here, but don't be sad. There are lots of extras that I've been holding up because I am waiting (for myself xD) to write the ending of the main story. I hope you enjoyed this!)