rudely barging in on a white-veil occasion

019. CHAPTER NINETEEN
rudely barging in on a white-veil
occasion

FINALLY. It was the New Year.

          Christmas had gone by in a blur; of course, there had been the regular James Potter running around the house with his exceedingly booming voice, Sirius Black trying his absolute hardest not to yell out with joy each time he got a present that had surpassed his standards, Remus Lupin being utterly finished with the two boys and ending up gossiping with Saiorse and Lily Evans, and Peter Pettigrew being almost dumbfounded by all of the chaos.

          The usual.

          Remus and Peter had to leave as soon as Christmas morning was over, both boys not being exactly overjoyed at the idea of leaving their friends.

          But, they left, leaving the remaining four with their own shenanigans.

          "Take a look in the mirror and cry, Lord what you're doing to me,"

          "This song is so fucking good."

          Sirius laid face down on the Potters' parlor couch, gawking in awe as his brand new record, courtesy of Saiorse Evans, spun around on the player. Saiorse had her feet perched on the back of the couch as she say upside down, the Magical Biography of Merlin clutched in her hands, courtesy of Remus. Her finger turned the page in front of her, popping her gum as she snickered at the boy. "Sirius, I believe we are both undoubtedly and incandescently infatuated with Freddie Mercury."

          "Oh, absolutely." Sirius responded incredulously, lifting his head to watch the record spin.

          "I spent all my years believing you, and I just can't get no relief, Lord!"

          He looked back over at the girl who had been sprawled on the couch, her eyes attentively focused on the words in front of her. Her hair had hung to the floor, the bright sun of the late afternoon giving the dark red strands a heavenly glow that Sirius had become quite fond, yet jealous of. He found the girl beautiful, really. The small bump on the bridge of her nose, the slight freckles that dotted her cheeks that got covered in a pink blush anytime that she had gotten excited about something she had been talking about, or the way she bit the inside of her cheek when she had read something she had found interesting.

          Yet, she was so irritatingly enigmatic. She could be so incredibly closed off in one moment, snapping at anything anyone could say or do around her, as if they were consistently doing something that wasn't up to par with her standards. But, at the next, she could be so utterly happy, laughing and dancing around the room. Sirius couldn't tell what could've been going on in the girl's mind at any moment, which was different. He could always read anyone he came across, could always tell what someone's next step was.

          But he just couldn't with Saiorse Evans.

          Not to mention she could be a possible animagus.

          "Saiorse?" Sirius asked out of the blue, making the girl turn to him with her eyebrows furrowed. She looked a bit discontented in her expression, making the boy look down at the velvet couch cushion. "When did you say your sister's wedding was, again?"

          "In two days. Petunia told me to tell you that if we show up in any so-called 'wizarding attire' that she will personally castrate you, and then make me watch." The girl answered closing the book in her hand, running her fingers over the bright blue spine. Sirius laughed, kicking back on the couch.