☞ 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

༻༻༻⋇⋆✦⋆⋇༺༺༺

𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐨𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐫 𝐌𝐨𝐦 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢-𝐕𝐚𝐧:

𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐎𝐧𝐞

⋐⋑⋐⋑⋐⋑❉⋐⋑⋐⋑⋐⋑

"𝐈𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡..." Jordan remarked as they approached the crime scene. Seeley and Temperance were bickering back and forth, making no real headway in the conversation. They both ignored her in favour of arguing more.

"Hey, pump the brakes on the domestic dispute for a hot minute and let's go look at the body, yeah?" They seemed surprised at her bluntness but followed after her. The vehicle remains were charred and they'd just about stopped smoking as they took in the sight inside the van.

"Woah, what the hell is melted to that steering wheel?" Seeley grimaced and turned away, unable to look at the mess inside. Temperance leaned in and with a gloved hand, poked around as gently as possible

"Female. Mid-forties-to-late fifties. Pelvis indicates she's given birth," she observed and Jordan nodded in agreement. Their attention shifted to where Seeley pointed with his notepad.

"Hey, look at that, married right?" A barely visible band of metal flashed under the light on the hand that had been on the steering wheel.

"Wedding ring, it's a possibility," Jordan stated before she retreated from the van.

"Do we know if it's a bomb that caused the explosion?" Doctor Brennan asked over her shoulder and Seeley stepped forward, explanation on the tip of his tongue.

"Well, the roof's peeled back. And the doors -"

"She was asking the tech, Seeley," Jordan interjected and patted him on the shoulder.

"Oh."

"We found explosive residue all over the van and metal fragments in the bushes," the aforementioned crime scene technician explained.

"A pipe bomb?"

"Can't be sure until the explosives unit gets the van back to the lab." Immediately, Brennan and Jordan made noises of protest.

"They can't have the van. There are remains seared all over the inside of the vehicle and they can't be compromised."

"I have to call this in -"

"The van is going to the Jeffersonian. Your bomb techs can look at it there," Seeley stated with definitive authority over the technician.

"I'll make the call?"