Her Secret Admirer

"I never realized the world is so beautiful, until I saw you", sighed Siddharth Mehrotra, as he stood just behind the tree opposite to the building where Shehnaaz went for tuitions. He was waiting for his beautiful rose as it was the usual time for her tuition timing to be over and she would be out soon.

He would be present here just before she entered and come back again to see her leaving. And only see her from afar, never thinking of going, talking to her, or even getting noticed by her. No signs of his presence in her concious world.

But for him, she had become his world since the day he saw her. He was in 12th std when he first saw her in school. A small chubby girl with such an attractive face and innocent smile, he could not take his eyes off her. He was too young to understand anything what happened to him or the effect she had on him. His simple desire was to see her atleast once in a day, everyday. Sunday being a school holiday was very tough for him. And he eagerly waited for Monday morning to see his sunshine.

This went on for the full 12th std of Siddharth. He being a bright student and very intelligent, made it to the engineering college post 12th std. He was super happy and his parents were proud of his achievements. Getting into his dream college of engineering and getting his desired branch was a dream come true, but he had to leave his city and go to another city for his further studies. Which eventually meant not being able to get even a single glimpse of his rose, his sunshine. Suddenly all his happiness faded away.

Siddharth was very close to his parents, specially his mom, Rita Mehrotra. He had 1 younger sister who was 2 years younger to him. She used to leave no chance to tease him and he used to also do the same. Everyday their usual arguments and teasing session would land them up in front of their parents to sort out the fight. And, again, it would keep repeating. Everybody in the family were happy and sad at the same time due to Siddharth's admission in engineering.

He was big enough to understand that there is no other option but to leave. He had 2 weeks in hand before leaving the city to join his new college. He utilized the best of this time to follow Shehnaaz, got information about her home, her siblings, etc. He had a new mobile due to his good results and for the purpose of keeping in touch while staying in hostel in a different city. He used to observe Shehnaaz from far and keep clicking her pics with her smile, her playful face, her chubby cheeks, as much as he could capture.

-----

Living life away from home in hostel was a nightmare in the initial days. Being away from family, going through an emotional turmoil. He needed to adjust to new place, new college. To top it, he had to face ragging, though mild one, but it does come with a stress. In all this, there is also a whole new course and curriculum and style of study. Kids suddenly are expected to be grown up and manage their own studies and daily activities. The only and only relief that used to relax Sid was 2 pics - one of his parents and another of his sunshine, Shehnaaz.

He used to give full attention to his college and was admired by teachers. He grew up to become a heartthrob, thanks to his good looks and regular exercise routine. He became a tough guy with the rough experiences of hostel life, staying away from family.

One thing remained constant in his life - his craving to see Shehnaaz. Whenever he would come back home during study leave or vacations, he used to make sure he is able to fill his heart and mobile gallery full of her images. He had a very dear friend Vikas Sharma, only he was aware about his admiration for Shehnaaz. That too he found out by accident when he opened his mobile gallery one day, because Sid had forgotten to lock it. Sid met Vikas in engineering college and they became thick friends with passage of time.

-----

5 years passed since Siddharth had joined engineering college. He was now doing his MBA from IIM.

All these years he had seen Shehnaaz grow from a little girl to a teenager who is now in her 12th std. She goes to the same classes that he used to go once upon a time.

During initial days of engineering, he thought that slowly slowly his craze for Shehnaaz will reduce with time and distance. He met many girls in his college days, some who even tried their luck on him, even he liked some girls and was friends with many of them. His own gang was a mix of boys and girls. However, none of them could make even a tini-mini impact on his heart. He never got involved with any girl in his college nor did he encourage advances of any.

Initially he was only satisfied with seeing Shehnaaz from a far and looking at her pics. He never realized when this liking turned into a sense of belonging, possession and protection. The way she looked now, her beauty growing day by day, he had started to become crazy for her, yearning for her.

He has come to his home town as he had a small break in college. Right now, he is waiting for her, just to see her. But he has promised to himself that once she reaches her college and once he finishes his masters, he will approach her. His heart was dying to be with her, to be in her circle of friends, or maybe, even beyond friends. He has been around her for so long that now his desire to talk to her has surpassed his fear of losing her, just in case she discovers about his craze for her. He is just waiting for the right time.

Will his wait and patience pay off?

Is waiting so long a good idea?