Chapter 8: Clumsy

Yeji's POV

Another day, another week to get by and survive. I admit it's really tiring to be part of the student council but nonetheless I enjoy being part of this team.

We're actually planning already about the event that our school will host for next month. This usually includes theater acts, dancing competitions and covers, food stalls and different booths set up by students even if it may seem ridiculous. I mean why would anyone even put up a kissing booth? It's just weird to me because it's a stranger they'd be kissing with and they're actually willing to be part of it?

Weirdos

It's not like you haven't thought of doing that with someone

What are you talking about? Shut up inner voice, you act like you always know better

Oh I do alright, I just state facts but I'll just shut up for your peace of mind

I snap out of my thoughts when someone called me. "What?"

Sighing, "I was asking you if you have thought of a good and unique theme already this year" Jennie unnie said

"Oh well um how about a disco themed party? Why don't we go for something retro this year? It would be nice to reminisce such events from the 80s or 90s" I replied

I looked at everyone in the council and basing on their expressions, they all seem to be happy with it.

"Nice one Yeji, I love your idea. I'll make sure the school would approve this. Although I'm sure they'll love it since they're from those era" Irene unnie said

We continued planning from the designs to be made, what booths would be appropriate, the props, the lightings and just everything that can be done for this event.

I'm glad that I was excused for training today because I don't think I even have the energy to train and dance.

*****

Friday

I was walking down the hallway going to the dance studio after I sent Lia to the theater studio for their practice as well for next month's event. As I have expected, I am one of the earliest to arrive.

I really can't with these two captains. They're just really only this early whenever we have competitions or events to be part of.

At least even if they're late, they're responsible enough.

I then headed straight to the locker room first to change into a more comfortable outfit. As I was about to change on my shirt, I was surprised to see that it was a crop top I brought instead of a normal shirt.

Oh no

I slightly panicked because I have never worn something that would show even the littlest bit of my skin. I mean it's that I don't have a good body but somehow I just feel really conscious knowing that some people might stare especially since this would be the first everyone's seeing me practice with this crop top fit.

Oh stop worrying, you have a good body okay. You are attractive okay, you should know that plus you can literally seduce someone with your looks in no time.

Seduce?? Wtf is my inner voice saying?

I then ignored it and just changed into my full outfit then decided to head outside after hesitating a few more times.

As I was walking outside, I can already see some or I guess most of my teammates staring at me. I just walked towards the captains while having my head down.