Chapter 5

-Corpse's POV-

Corpse fell asleep that night around 5 am. He didn't have Sykkuno call him because he didn't want to get in the way. He woke up around 7 am and got up to take his meds. He saw everyone was streaming again and wanted Corpse to join. He smiled and told them he would join. He brushed his hair and teeth in the bathroom and went to his streaming room, not eating breakfast today. He joined the call and everyone greeted him, Sykkuno seeming the most excited. "Yayyyy I'm glad you could make it! If you need to leave don't be too scared too! :)" Sykkuno texted him. Corpse smiled a little bit more. "Thank you Sykkuno :)" he replied. He joined the game and ran around the lobby. Sure it wasn't easy to be happy and yeah, living hurt a bit. But it was moments like this, where everyone he cared about could connect and talk and play and fuck around, where Corpse felt the happiest. Especially, if Sykkuno was there. Sykkuno scared Corpse. That was a fact he had come to terms with. And every time he found a new reason, he wrote it down.

Reasons Sykkuno scares me:

-just met

-able to calm me down

-can make me happy

Corpse loved talking to Sykkuno.

Oh, there's another one.

-love talking to him.

-good friend

-don't want to lose him

Corpse hated Sykkuno for all of this. So much. Sykkuno made him feel calm and happy and he hated it. But he loved it at the same time. He loved Sykkuno. As a friend.

Wait why am I thinking of Sykkuno so much, focus on the game!

When Corpse focused back on the game, he was confused to see 6 people dead and everyone accusing him. "Wait guys I zoned out,, I was just wandering around I didn't know what was going on," Corpse said softly. "Nah you're lying, you're the imposter," Rae said. "No guys! He was zoning out, we are doing proximity chat remember? I heard him mumbling about something completely unrelated!" Sykkuno said. Corpse looked at the screen confused.

Why is he protecting me? Wait he heard me mumbling.. Did he hear it as about him..

Corpse got very anxious and tried to play it off. "Dead ass guys, I'm innocent!" Corpse said, a little annoyed with himself for zoning out. "Okay okay," Rae said and sighed. "Then who," she asked. "Well you were pretty quick to accuse Corpse, Rae, I think it's you!" Sykkuno replied. Corpse was heavily confused. Why was Sykkuno defending him? "Yeah I think it's Rae," Toast agreed. Everyone left voted Rae and they won. Corpse smiled and thanked Sykkuno for saving him. They ran back and forth in the lobby and talked for a bit. Corpse lost a lot of his energy and texted Sykkuno. "I lost energy.. I'm really mentally tired now.." he sent. "That's okay, Corpse! Do you wanna leave for a bit?" Sykkuno replied. "I don't know.. It's only been one game.. But kinda.." Corpse replied. "That's okay, go ahead and get some rest, I'll call you after the stream :)" Sykkuno replied. Corpse sighed and left the stream. He left the game and call and laid back down on his bed, burrowing under the blankets. He turned on the tv and listened to the tv show.