Chapter 8

-Sykkuno's POV-

Sykkuno woke up and looked over at his phone. He saw a piece of paper in Corpse's spot. Curiosity getting the best of him, Sykkuno read it.

Reasons Sykkuno scares me:

-just met

-able to calm me down

-can make me happy

-love talking to him.

-good friend

-don't want to lose him

-Puts me before his own needs.

-I trust him.

-helps me fall asleep

"Why does Corpse have this..?" Sykkuno asked himself as he muted. "Is he actually.. Afraid of me..?" Sykkuno asked as he saw Corpse walk back into his room. Sykkuno unmuted and quickly pretended to be asleep. "Shit" he heard Corpse say. He heard what sounded like paper being crumpled up and a person flop onto a bed. Sykkuno opened his eyes and sighed. He didn't feel right keeping this secret from Corpse. "Corpse..?" he said softly. "Yeah?" Corpse replied. "I.. uhm.. Are you afraid of.. Me..?" Sykkuno asked. Corpse looked at his phone and sighed. "So you saw the paper.." he mumbled. Sykkuno nodded, feeling anxious and a little sad. "Honestly,, I don't know.. A little bit but not a lot.. Just.. you're a new concept to me.. I'm not used to people like you.." Corpse replied. "People like me..?" Sykkuno asked, heavily confused and slightly hurt. Corpse turned his head and looked at the ceiling. "People who.. Manage to find the good in every situation.. Who always smile and who just radiate love and happiness.. People who will do anything to make another person happy.." Corpse replied. "God sometimes I wonder if you're even real or if you're some trick my mind came up with to make me feel something for once.. Or if you're a literal angel.." Corpse continued. "Corpse, you don't have to be afraid of me.. I know I'm new to you and you aren't used to people like me but.. Hold on that's really how you see me??" Sykkuno asked. "Mhm.. why?" Corpse replied. "I just don't get it really.. I'm not used to people seeing me like that.. Or telling me they see me like that.." Sykkuno replied. He felt a little bit better but he was still slightly upset. Honestly, all he wanted to do was go back to sleep. Sykkunno sighed and laid on his back, covering his face. "I'm sorry, Sykkuno.." Corpse said softly. Sykkuno took a deep breath. "It's okay.. And Corpse.. It's 4 am for you.. When did you wake up?" Sykkuno asked, wanting to change the subject. "Uhm.. 6pm.." Corpse replied softly. "Why didn't you hang up..?" Sykkuno asked. "I was gonna.. But I muted so I wouldn't wake you up whilst I made sure you were 100% asleep.. And you started kinda.. Panicking in your sleep almost.. But when I unmuted and asked what was happening, you calmed down almost immediately.. For sure after I said you were safe.." Corpse explained. Sykkuno nodded and turned back to his side. "Sometimes I get nightmares.. Thank you for not hanging up.." Sykkuno mumbled, remembering the bad dream. "Hey, you're safe.. I'll keep you safe.." Corpse said. "But we're forever and a half miles away.." Sykkuno replied. "I'll keep you safe Sykkuno. No matter the distance." Corpse assured him. Sykkuno couldn't help but smile. He nodded softly and cuddled into his blanket. "I'll do the same then. No matter the distance!!" Sykkuno giggled. He felt a weird feeling in his chest and he smiled a little bit more.