❅ glossary ❅

𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖉𝖘 + 𝖉𝖊𝖋𝖎𝖓𝖎𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘

(words + definitions)

A

-House Aegeon - One of the 7 Eldair houses of magic. Founded by Merra Aegeon, a legendary healer and sailor. Their main disciplines include water elemental magic and healing magic/medicine. Aegii, the spirit of the seas, is their patron deity. Their capital city, Thania, is hidden on a cloaked island in the Mediterranean Sea.

-The Andhis/Orb of the Wind - A silver orb with a silver gem inside. Increases the user's ability to perform air magic and to control the weather. The holder can also use it to fly. Minor lightningweaving can be performed with the orb as well, but it is not its primary function. Created by Juma Vaya, founder of the House of Vaya and the first weathermaster.

B

-Battlemage - This discipline allows a magician to perform offensive and defensive spells, such as stunning spells, shield charm, blasting spells, etc. Only magicians from House Brynjir can be total masters of this discipline. However, members from all the other houses can become powerful battlemages as well, as it's the most universal form of magic.- House Brynjir - One of the 7 Eldair houses. Founded by Thorgan Byrnjir, a legendary warrior and creator of battlemagic. Their main discipline is battlemagic. Ghalion, the spirit of the war and victory, is their patron deity. Their capital city, Hodvekt, is hidden in the forests of Washington, USA.

C

None yet.

D

-House Doragon - One of the 7 Eldair Houses. Founded by Sun Zhao, a dragonmaster. Their main disciplines include fire elemental magic and dragon riding. Pyrex, the spirit of the sun and flame, is their patron deity. Their capital city, Tenzin, is hidden on a small Japanese island.

-Dreamwatching - A skill that allows a magician to travel to other places in their astral form while dreaming. A very rare skill that only a few have mastered. Notable users of this skill are Makaela Moreau and Thorian Thauvin.

E

-Eldricite - A magical substance found deep within the caves of the Earth that is capable of creating its own magical energy while also absorbing the magic of a magician. Can be used in a variety of ways, including crystal balls, communication devices, magic deposits when vitalae is running low, and decorative pieces. Changes color based on magic used/user.

-The Eldair (El-die-ir) - Those who are born into one of the seven royal houses of magic (House Lumai, House Tenebris, House Doragon, House Aegeon, House Oseda, House Vaya, and House Brynjir). They are usually more powerful than their Solair counterparts, whose bloodlines have been diluted due to mating with Ordinaires.

-The Eldai - Magicians employed by the Eldenarian Council to monitor all magical activity. They are mainly tasked with investigations among magicians breaking the law, guarding Nyghtmir and the Eldenarian Palace, and serving in the Eldenarian army. Well versed in most magic types, namely combat, elemental, and weapon magic. Only Eldair are chosen to become Eldai and they are usually from House Brynhir, Aegeon, Oseda, or Tenebris.

-The Eldenarian Artifacts - The seven objects created by the first seven magicians with the help of the gods. Each object is assigned to a certain house and can be used to amplify a certain type of magic.

F

None yet

G

-The Gauntlet of the Sea - A silver gauntlet engraved with blue charms and sapphires planted in the middle. Increases the wearer's ability to perform water-based attacks and rate of healing. Created by Merra Aegeon, the founder of the House Aegeon and the art of water/healing magic. It is House Aegeon's Eldenarian artifact.