thirty three

AMELIAS POV
Ow. Everything hurt. Everything was so bright. The lights above me were blinding.
"Amelia? Amelia can you hear me?" April asked as she looked over me.
"Yeah," I managed to get out through the oxygen mask. Owen touched my side and I flinched in pain.
"She needs an x-Ray I'm afraid of a broken rib," Owen said.
"Charlotte," I said and looked at both of them, "where's my daughter?"
"Arizona took her to a patient room to calm down. She's with Arizona she's okay," April said.
"Can I see her?" I asked.
"We need to get you up to the x-Ray as soon as possible," April said, "I'm sure Charlotte and Arizona are waiting for you in the waiting room." The door swung open and it was Derek.
"Amy!" He said, "is she okay what happened?"
"She's stable we need to get an x-Ray for internals," Owen said.
"Charlotte," I said, "Arizona."
"Amy I just saw them they're both okay alright?" Derek said as he grabbed my hand. I nodded as I looked at him.
"Amelia you're gonna be alright," April said as they started wheeling me to the x-rays, but I think that's when I blacked out.
CHARLOTTES POV
There was a ring. An engagement ring. Was she planning on proposing? I knew she wanted to, but we never really talked about it. How was I supposed to tell Arizona if my mom didn't make it? God she has to make it. This is all my fault if anything the roles should be reversed. She was just being a good mom and getting my coffee, but I was the one that made us late.
"Charlotte she's going to be okay," Arizona said as she adjusted her arm around me.
"I'm just really worried," I said.
"Charlotte are you okay?" Meredith and Maggie walked over and hugged me.
"I'm okay, have you seen my mom how is she?" I asked.
"April and Owen just took her up to the OR with a team of doctors for a broken rib repair and a few internal bleeds," Maggie explained as her and Meredith sat down next to me.
"How serious is that?" I looked at Arizona.
"Actually more common than you think with car accident victims, you know Doctor Hunt and Doctor Kepner know what they're doing and you can see your mom soon okay?" Arizona asked. I looked over at my Aunt Meredith who was always truthful. If Arizona was lying to protect me I could see it on her face.
"She's going to be fine," Meredith reassured me.
AMELIAS POV
I opened my eyes and so many people were in my room. Meredith, Maggie, Derek, the kids, Charlotte, Arizona, April, and Owen. I opened my eyes more and I felt someone squeeze my hand. I looked over and it was Arizona, and on my other side was Charlotte.
"Hi honey," Arizona said softly.
"Hi," I smiled.
"You're okay!" Charlotte smiled and hugged me.
"Oooh a little careful kiddo," I chuckled.
"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry," Charlotte said.
"It's okay," I said. The next few moments were full of joy and happiness that I was okay, and thanking April and Owen for saving my life. Everyone kinda dispersed after to give me some alone time with Arizona and Charlotte.
"Hey I'm gonna give you guys a few minutes okay?" Arizona said and pecked my lips, "I'll be right back I love you."
"I love you too," I said. I looked over at Charlotte and she looked like she was going to cry.
"Hey baby girl no tears I'm okay," I said and squeezed her hand.
"But it's my fault," she cried.
"What are you talking about?" I said. None of this was her fault.
"I was running late and asked for coffee. If I had gotten ready earlier or didn't go for coffee we wouldn't have been at that intersection," she cried.
"Charlotte this isn't your fault. That guy was going to run the red light because he wanted to. He chose to break the law and that's why I got hurt. I could have left my jacket inside and had to go run and get it and that could have made us late. I could have lost my keys for a split second and made us late. I could have stuttered at the coffee shop and made us late. It's not your fault and it's not mine. It's the other drivers fault. Don't blame yourself for this that's not fair," I said crying.
"Okay," she nodded and hugged me.
"Come sit," I said. She down next to me and I looked over at her. She was bruised but she looked okay. She smiled at me as I kissed her cheek and I smiled. I was okay.
"So there's a ring?" She asked.
"Yeah," I said, "Let me explain."
"Please do," she chuckled.
"I obviously planned on talking to you about it, but I have the ring because I want to propose. I only told you about it because I thought I was absolutely dying in that car. I wanted to talk to you about it before I did anything," I explained.
"I get it," she smiled.
"Is it okay with you if I propose?" I asked her.
"Of course it's okay with me mom," she smiled, "Arizona makes you so happy I want you to propose to her and marry her."
"You are the best daughter," I smiled and hugged me. She could tell I was still a little sore from surgery.
"So what did you have done exactly?" She asked.
"Rib repair and just a few stitching and packing for internal bleeds," I said.
"Can you start bleeding again?" She asked worriedly.
"No, it's not like that I promise Char. I'm better," I said and kissed her head.
"I'm glad you're okay," she said.
"I'm glad I'm okay too. Enough about me are you okay? It looks like your cuts were cleaned and bandaged," I said.
"Yeah Arizona did that," she said. I smiled as I pulled her close to me. She snuggled into me as we watched mindless TV together. I was going to propose to Arizona soon. Everything was so exciting.