Chapter XXXIX

*Angela POV*

"Oh my God," Mateo's mom squeals, running to us from the kitchen. She opens her arms wide and hugs both me and Mateo.

Don Alexandro raises his wine glass and with a smile on his face, he says " Congratulazioni Angela and Mateo."

"Try not to kill each other," Someone says causing everyone to laugh.

"Babies?" Nonna asks once the laughs cool down.

I look at Mateo and the laughter begins again.

After dinner, our group decides to go out for a few drinks to celebrate the news. I convince Mateo to let me drive his BMW i8. Gio, Ella, and Eliza come with me and Mateo while Gabby, Mark, and Stefano go together.

We decided against going to one of the clubs that they own, so I put Gia Club into the gps.

"Can I be The Godfather?" Gio asks jumping into the middle backseat.

"We said we were engaged not pregnant. Are you Angela?" Mateo asks.

I turn my head and stare at him.

"Well are you?" Ella asks.

"No I am not pregnant."

"Okay okay. I'm still going to be the Godfather to your future children." Giovanni starts, exaggerating the word 'future'. "Connect my phone."

Mateo connects his phone as I pull out of the driveway.

After a moment of silence, Sexyback by Justin Timberlake begins playing, filling the air.

The whole ride to the club, Gio played old throwbacks that made all of use, including Ella and Mateo, sing and dance.

I park the car and step out of the car. Everyone follows suit and we go to the back of the line to wait for the rest of our friends.

We see Mark's car pull in and park near our car. The car turns off and the doors open revealing four people instead of three.

As they walk closer to us, closer to a light source, I can see that Stefano is holding hands with the extra fourth person.

"Hi, I'm Jordan," the handsome dark skinned man says extending his hand towards Mateo.

Mateo looks at Stefano, nods, smiles, and instead of shaking Jordan's hand, Mateo gives him a bro-hug.

Jordan turns towards me. Without a word escaping his lips, I give him a bone breaking hug. "I'm Angela."

He smiles widely and says "Nice to meet you."

Jordan introduces himself to the rest of our friends and we enter the club.

We claim a booth towards the back of the club and order a shot of tequila for each of us.  The waitress leaves and returns with a tray full of shots of tequila. We all down our drinks and walk to the dance floor.

I grab Mateo's hand and pull him away from our group.

"I thought we should have some fun alone, together." I say wrapping my arms around his neck.

An upbeat song begins to play, causing me to dance along with the music. I sway my hips against Mateo and look him directly in his eyes.

Mateo places his hands on my hips and begins to sway along with me. I turn around so my back is against his front and he runs his hand down my body. He grabs my thigh and I smile.

"I don't think I've ever told you this," he whispers against my ear.

"Told me what?" I ask.

"I love you."

The first time he had ever said those three words.

With a whole heart I reply, "I love you too."

We continue dancing for another thirty minutes and then go back to the booth to order a few more drinks.

The waitress comes back with our drinks, handing them to Mateo.

He hands me my cranberry vodka. "That's ironic."

I look down at his other hand and see a whiskey, neat. "You too Teo," I smirk.

"He is just boring," Gio chimes in.

Gio calls over another waiter and orders their most expensive champagne. He then calls over the rest of our friends what were still dancing, and asks us to stay here. Giovanni runs towards the DJ stand, whispers in his ear, and dashes back to us.

"Yo, Yo, Yo, party peopleeee!" The DJ yells into the microphone. "Our boy Mateo just got engaged to Angela. Everyone congratulate them!"

As soon as he's done, a bunch of drunk people start congratulating us.

Gio pops a big confetti cannon. "Congrats besties!"

We all laugh and I shake off the confetti. I turn towards Eliza and realise that she is taking off the confetti off of her too.

"Oh you missed one," I say walking up to her, removing a peice of red confetti that was stuck him her hair.

"Thank you," she smiles.

The waiter comes back with a big bottle and nine glasses. He sets the glasses down onto the table and hands Gio the bottle before walking away.

"Wishing you two a lifetime of great sex," Gio says before Stefano pushes his shoulder, "And love and happiness. Guess that's important too."

Gio shakes the champagne bottle and flicks off the cork, causing the foam to spray all over us.

I grab Mateo by the shirt and pull him into a kiss as Gio fills up our glasses.

"I just met you two," Jordan starts, "but I congratulate you! Have many babies."

I raise my glass and we all clinck our glasses together.

I smile as I down my drink, and the next, and the next.

————————————————————————
Author's Note
-I wish Gio and Mateo were real 😡
——————————————————————