The Dinner

CARTER'S POV:

"Who the hell are you?"

"I-im a-a" I sputtered out

"Spill It." He boomed at me

"ImCharlottesSpecialGuestHereForDinner." I said noting how fast I went

"Bud, you gotta slow down. Now, who are you?" He said laughing

"I'm here because Charlotte invited me for dinner." I finnally breathed out.s demo

"Ohhhh. I'll let her know your here. Take a seat on the couch over there." He ushered Me in.

"CHARLOTTE YOUR BOYFRIEND'S HERE!"

Turning to me with gritted teeth, he suddenly turned awful serious.

"Now you listen to me son, I'm Charlotte's brother. And as long as she's been alive, she has never and I mean never, had a boyfriend. Far as I know she's only ever had one crush. So you better take good care of her. Cause I take darn good care of my shotgun. And I don't mess around."

"Ive got ya. how many siblings do you guys have?"

"There's 13 kids. So I've got 12 siblings."

I turned around to see Charlotte. Noting that she was the one to answer.

"You l-look..."

I sputtered out the word beautiful under my breath.

Flashback
NOOOOO I'm not going back there!
I love you.
Have fun
Mom sputtered away in her father's car leaving me alone.

You look beautiful Kari.

I snapped back to reality leaving my thoughts alone.

"You look beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous. Now what was that about 12 siblings?"

"I know, I know. It's a lot. Surprisingly, I want more than that." She squeaked out

"I mean, I'm an only child. So twelve is like way to little. When I have kids, I'm planning on having 50. Or better yet, adopting 50,and having 50 of your own."

Charlotte laughed. "A man after my own heart. Now, let's eat."
We made our way to the dining room. Somehow fitting 30 people at one table.
And it was somewhat problematic. Until, we heard the scream.