PROLOGO

Nagising ako sa paulit ulit na doorbell. Seriously?! 6 am?! And someone's banging my door?!

I'm too grumpy to wake up so early today. I went home late last night because of some important matters so I grudgingly stood up and headed to the door.

I face palmed when I saw the most annoying woman I ever met in front of my unit.

"What the hell do you want?!" hindi man lang siya natakot sa siaw ko. Instead, she hurriedly went Inside.

"Good morning babe. I went here to cook you breakfast. And we'll head to work together. Isn't that nice?" Pasalampak akong umupo sa sofa at sinamaan siya ng tingin.

"Pwede ba? Stop calling me babe. And no, I'm not driving you to work!" She sat beside me and brought herself closer to me. Umiwas ako at lumayo ng kaunti, but she keeps on moving towards me too.

"Come on, don't be KJ Rafael. How dare you tanggihan ang isang Scarlet Chloe Garcia? A model, the mayor's daughter, and the crush ng bayan? You're losing your chance here, honey." Pabiro niyang sabi at humalkhak habang pumupuntang kusina.

I frowned and followed her.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Doing what?... Oh, this? You see, I like you. And I always get what I like. So, liligawan kita hanggang maging akin ka. Will you stop complaing now? Why don't you go ahead and get ready for work?" She rolled her eyes on me and flipped her hair. If I can just strangle a girl to death, she'd been buried by now.

"Stop being so desperate Chloe. You're a girl, a woman. You shouldn't be chasing a man. At mas lalong hindi mo dapat pinagtutulakan ang sarili mo." Instead of being insulted, she just laughed so hard. She now looks crazy to me.

"Cut the stereotype babe. Hello? We're already in the 21st century and women aren't just women. If a man can pursue a girl, then I can definitely pursue you. Wala namang sinabing bawal manligaw ang mga babae ah? Titigilan lang kita kapag may ganong batas na, balitaan mo lang ako."

I can't help but to rub my face and pull my hair out of frustration. Padabog akong bumalik sa kuwarto ko at naghanda. As If namang makakatulog pa 'ko.

I wore my usual casual attire. Hindi kagaya sa kuya kong si Ezequiel, I don't like tuxedos. It's irritating at mainit sa pakiramdam.

Malamya akong lumabas ng kuwarto. Chloe is in the kitchen, cooking while dancing and humming. Matagal na niya akong hinahabol. 2 years? I think. I was 23 years old when I started noticing her and she was 21. Honestly, she's a fine lady. She's pretty, hot, kind- hearted and smart. Atlest that's what I see in her. The downside is, she's desperate, and too determined to get everything she wants. Not the bratty type, but annoying enough.

Ang ayoko kasi sa lahat, ang mga babaeng naghahabol. It looks pathetic to me. And she's not the kind that has no suitors, or men men flocking around her. I just can't grasp why would she follow me around,a nd try to win me?

Is it money? Influence? Her father is a mayor, and her mother, well, a socialite so they're rich and influential. But getting associated with an Alvarado is a whole new level. And that might be what she's after. And it scares me.

"Oh, you're there pala. Let's eat. May photoshoot ako ngayon, and I can't be late!" she said as she place the last dish on te table.

There are eggs and hotdogs, then bread. A freshly ground coffee is also ready, on the left side of my plate. She already knows what and how I eat.

"You'll eat that?" naglabas siya ng tupperware mula sa bag niya. It has leafy vegetables.

"Yeah. My schedule's pretty tight so strict ang diet ko. Why? Want some?" she offered the Tupperware to me.

"You should eat more, you've lost too much weight." I said and scanned her from head to know.

I was shocked when she suddenly slammed her hands on the table and leaned closer to my face. Naningkit rin ang mga mata niya. And her lips formed a grin.

"Are you checking me out, Mr. Rafael? Ano? Naiinlove ka na ba sa'kin?" I covered her face with my hold hand at tinulak siya papalayo kaya umupo siya ulit ng maayos. Hindi pa rin nawawala ang nakakainis na ngiti.

"Shut up. Just eat."

"Ay highblood ka na naman? Nagtatanong lang naman eh."

If you're not desperate for my attention, if you're not pursuing me, if you don't like me, I'd probably like you, Chloe. But that's not the case. I can't like you if you keep on pushing yourself to me.