✯ᴛᴇɴ✯

What happened earlier...

"Taehyung-ah, here it is. Go get your chair and enjoy the meal." Hoseok's mother came out of the kitchen, serving them the food.

Hoseok averted his gaze from the door to his mother then, closing the door with disappointment.

"Who was it?" She asked casually, serving them their food.

"Jungkook."

"Where did he go? Isn't he joining?" She asked with amazement and Hoseok just shook his head.

"He said he caught up with something." Hoseok replied and turned his gaze to Taehyung who was currently staring at the floor, face carrying a blank expression which concealed some unsaid emotions.

"Oh that's unfair… okay then ask him to come later someday. Anyway, Taehyung-ah, come and join." She then asked him and Taehyung looked up at her, instantly faking a smile.

"Oh yes, auntie. I was desperately waiting for it." Taehyung said later, trying his best to act fine, rushing towards her and taking his seat as he started talking to her normally.

And Hoseok was just observing him all this while, couldn't help but feel bad for how Taehyung started acting normal as if he didn't care but Hoseok also knew about the unshown tears that he shed in front of him a few days ago.

It wasn't the same Taehyung that Hoseok knew. What he saw was a mature guy who preferred to hide rather than explaining and Hoseok felt helpless in this situation.

Only if he could help the two.

~✯~

The dinner went unexpectedly wonderful, filled with chats and laughter. Hoseok looked stunned at how nicely Taehyung could act in front of all. Though he was aware of what was happening inside of him.

It was late so Taehyung decided to leave after exchanging greetings and wishes.

"It was so amazing, auntie. I really enjoyed the dinner. Thanks for having me." Taehyung said, hugging her with all his will. He's one of the best huggers for a reason.

"Aww, I'm glad you enjoyed it, consider visiting again. I'll be very happy." 

Taehyung smiled, letting her tap his shoulder with adoration.

"Gotta head home Hobi, take care, yeah." Taehyung said to Hoseok who was silently staring at him.

"You want me to join you for a drink?"

"Maybe I'll head home and just sleep, you should rest too. Good night." Taehyung finished off early and Hoseok couldn't argue any more. By his eyes, Taehyung really seemed very tired.

"Take care, yeah?" Hoseok whispered and let Taehyung hug him before leaving.

"The weather doesn't seem fine. Should I drop you?" Hoseok asked again, worrying about him but Taehyung simply shook his head.

"No, I'll be fine. I'll get a cab if I see any. Don't worry." 

"Be careful."

"Yeah."

"Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas, Hobi." Hoseok nodded, patting his shoulder.

Taehyung finally walked out of his house, waving and smiling like normal.

And came the moment he was left alone, with his thoughts soon consuming him.

He started walking in the direction of his house and he soon got alone while covering the way, the cabs kept coming and passing by him as he walked on the footpath.