Being My Unknown Support!!

"Good morning Virat!

I am in office but have taken a half-day, don't feel like working today since it's my birthday and my sister has planned an evening out.

It's been 6 months now and everyday I randomly talk to you by writing to you like this, a message, I don't even know if you read it or not, I don't expect a reply. I don't reveal my name because I am a private person. I just feel like talking to you. I feel I can connect with you and today, on my birthday, a new year, a new life, I want to tell you why. So today, it is going to be a long message, please bear with me.

You have been a constant support to me by not even knowing it yourself. You have been there when I was at my lowest, when I didn't know what to do with my life, when I felt so lonely even among people, when I was lost. I can't even call myself your fan because honestly, I have never seen any of your shows, maybe bits and pieces here and there. But what you are here, on your social media, the irony is where everyone is so fake, you I feel and I believe are the most real here. And I connect to that.

I came across your profile just randomly when I desperately needed something to hold on to, to get back my normal life and to get myself back. You express so beautifully, you enjoy life so unabashedly, you are so raw, so sensitive, you understand people's emotions, your words are so inspiring, I can go on and on but I will have to stop here. If you weren't a public figure, I wouldn't even have known that you are actually an actor. But through this medium, I have actually got to know your real self, where you are not playing any character, and I feel you are so pure, so unfiltered like a baby. At the same time, your mind is so intelligent, your words are so mature, you just amaze me. You know what to say when and it just hits the right spot.

On my birthday, I couldn't not thank someone who was such an important part in healing me.

So Virat, thank you so much, thank you for everything, thank you for being my unknown support, thank you for being there when I felt alone, please never stop expressing. You don't know but maybe there must be others like me who need it. I think maybe because you have been through a similar phase, you understand it like no one else. I am so glad you were vocal about your struggle.

I don't expect to meet you. But I would like you to know that I am immensely inspired by your zest for life and by your kindness, a fan for life there!! Btw, a small secret, I did have a chance to meet you when you were present at Hope foundation but I chose not to for various reasons of my own.

So once again, thank you so much Virat!!

Always grateful,
-Live_Love_Laugh"

Singapore, Virat's house

"Nooo Mamma, I will not eat thish. No, no, no, I want pizza! I will not even dlink milk." 3 year old Alisha was running around the breakfast table with her mom behind her. Suddenly, a pair of hands caught her, lifted her up and twirled her around.
"Chachu!!" Alisha squealed in delight.

"Yes my bachcha! Okie, you want pizza right? Chachu will get pizza for you as well as fries ok? But 1st, you have to finish this whole glass of milk quickly. Come on come on."

Virat took the glass from his bhabhi, sat on the dining chair with Alisha in his lap and made her drink it. Alisha finished it in no time and gave the glass back to her mom. Virat kissed her cheeks. Soon, Virat's parents and elder bro joined them.

"Virat, you always spoil her, she is becoming naughtier day by day." Nidhi complained. Alisha pouted and looked at her chachu. Virat gave her a high five.

"C'mon yaar Nids, I am here only for 2 weeks, I am her only chachu and I have every right to pamper her. Let me spoil her and then you can discipline her like a sadu mom when I go back to Mumbai." Virat showed his tongue to his bhabhi.

Everyone laughed at their conversation, Virat's mom chided, "How many times should I tell you Virat? Don't call her Nids, she is your bhabhi. It's been 5 years now."

Virat rolled his eyes and winked at his bhai bhabhi, "My dear Mommy, if you have forgotten, Nids was my bestie in college, I was the one who introduced her to bhai, it's not my fault that these two decided to fall for each other. I can't suddenly become her devar now, so please!"

Virat's dad smiled and said, "It's modern generation now Rekha, you can't control them, haha!"

Virat's elder bro Kartik said, "It's after so long that all of us are together here. I am so glad Virat, you decided to take this break and come home."

"Bhai, I have decided that I will take 2 weeks break twice a year. I can't go on the way I used to, docs have advised, I have accepted, I am more aware now and I will go easy on myself, so you guys don't worry at all. It has been 2 years. I am all good, in a happy and peaceful space in my life now." Virat explained.

Nids decided to lighten the atmosphere, "Virat, the female fan following that you have, I am so sure you must be on cloud nine with all the attention. All of us here at home, watch your shows and we are so glad you ain't playing a helpless mute husband in a saas bahu drama."

"Oh hello Nids, I was a dude back in college too and regarding daily soaps, I get offers for those too, they top the TRP charts but I have always believed in relatable content and so I don't opt for those. Plus they require a lot of time too which I can't invest right now. I wanna go slow."

Virat's mom looked worried. "Beta, you are taking proper care of yourself right? Should I come and stay with you?"

"Mommy, please don't worry about me. I am completely fine and my house help Shekhar is a nice professional guy. He has adapted to my schedule and does everything properly for me. I also visit Hope foundation every month, I have several friends from the industry, then there's my closest friend Yash, not from the industry but always just a call away. So chill! I would have loved if you came but I would be busy with erratic schedules, I don't want you to be bored alone." Virat hugged his mom and assured her he is fine.

Everyone smiled but deep down, all of them were worried for him. At the same time, they also knew that their dear lad is a tough guy and is a fighter.