CHAPTER 03

1.03
GOLDEN EYES

ALEX STARED UP AT THE FULL MOON. She needed to run off some stress, and the only time she got to do it was after the sun went down.

She got out of her car, locking it and putting the keys in her pocket before finding the trail. She put her headphones in before taking off at a slower pace.

The light from the moon lit the forest, making her feel more at ease.

She was only about ten minutes into her run when she stopped, quick breaths leaving her lips. The blonde glanced around, getting the feeling that she was being watched.

 "Hello? Is anyone there?" She panted,

Alex heard a growl in the distance. She swallowed nervously and began slowly walking in the direction she came from, not wanting to alert whatever was out there that she was in their territory.

The articles about wolf and mountain lion attacks crossed her mind. She should've brought the pepper spray.

She heard the snap of a branch behind and and she spun around. Her eyes landed on a pair of bright, golden ones.

They seemed to glow in the darkness.

With a shiver running down her spine, she turned and began to run.

The growls got closer and Alex ran faster. She tripped over a tree root and slammed into the ground. The thing that chased her grabbed her and pulled her towards it.

Alex screamed as she looked up at the thing. It was a person. Except the person had golden eyes and fangs. The creature raised its' clawed hands and was about to swipe down at her before there was a howl in the air.

The creature paid her no mind as it ran off towards the origin of the howl. Alex scrambled to stand up and ran off towards her car. She quickly sat in her car and locked all the doors. Her breaths quickened and she gripped her steering wheel.

Alex looked out of the window with fear in her eyes. She saw the golden eyes again and grabbed her keys from her pocket and put it in the ignition. Alex pulled out of the lot and raced home.

She quietly walked into the house, not wanting to wake her mother and letting her know she was out in the middle of the night. She took a quick shower before heading to her room and over to her laptop.

She stared at the search bar. She didn't even know what to look up.

The eyes, the teeth, the claws. Yet it also looked like a person.

The first thing that popped into her head when thinking about the thing that attacked her was 'werewolf'.

But that was ridiculous. Werewolves didn't exist. They were myths.

But that thing she saw tonight was awfully real.

She typed it into the search bar and looked at all the things that came up. It was mostly Twilight and other corny movies that popped up, but once she scrolled down far enough, she found the interesting stuff.

There was tons of websites about stories of werewolves back in the 17th century.

They were described with glowing red eyes, fur growing everywhere on their body. It wasn't quite what Alex saw that night, but it was close.

It wasn't until very early in the morning when she finally felt her eyes droop. Maybe it was her fear telling her not to sleep in the dark.

But she didn't think the daylight was going to protect her from those golden eyes.