Comforting Rain

It was a dark and rainy afternoon, the only light that was emitting to the room was from the TV screen. It poured like cats and dogs outside, some light thunder here and there.

Whitty just got done having a panic attack. His feelings have all been bottled up lately from the rap battle he had with the blue haired boy a month ago. He never thought that he would lose himself over a rapper, it pained him, confused him, angered and even saddened him. He just couldn't piece it together.

Carol watched him as the tears rolled down his face, it always pained her to see her crush broken. "Whitty.. It's gonna be ok.." she softly whispered. He shook his head and whimpered "What will happen if I lose it again..? Will you leave me..?" She frowned sadly, that question really hit her hard "Why would I ever leave you in this state? I care too much about your mental health than leaving you" She stated.

He was brought to tears again and couldn't hold himself back, he wrapped his long arms around her waist and hugged her tightly. She found herself startled and flustered, she really did not see that coming at all. Whitty is usually not that physically affectionate, or affectionate in general.

She embraced him, and held his head in her arms lovingly.

"Whitty.." She started, he sniffled and mumbled in her arms. "Mm..?" She smiled and pulled herself apart from him just a bit.

Carol looked into his eyes dearingly. Her face flushed red and looked away for a bit. Restraining herself from crying and laughing at the same time.

"Carol..?" His voice cracked from crying. She gazed into his bright orange eyes and held his cheek, you could see the red forming on his face as Carol held her soft hand on his cheek.

She hesitated for a bit, her heart raced through her chest and she teared up. The world felt like it vanished before her and it was just her and Whitty. "Whitty..." she moved her face closer to his, the warmth between their eyes grew hotter.

Whitty's eyes widened and tears kept rolling down his face, his face felt hot and sweaty a little. Everything kept happening too fast, he was scared, excited, sad and confused all at once. As Carol held him she chuckled a little, then before he knew it. Their lips touched each other..

He felt the world spin and turn brighter. His dizziness kept increasing and his heart racing faster. Why was she kissing him? What is she feeling? Does she even realize what she's doing? He couldn't do anything else but submit. He held her waist and returned her kiss.

After what felt like forever, they let each other go. Whitty gazed deep into Carol's eyes, his pupils looked like they turned into hearts, his fuse lit up and his face went red. Never in his life had he felt something so soft and fuzzy. His heart jumped up and down and he couldn't help but smile just a teeny bit.

"Uhm..." Carol started "Are you ok..?" she chuckled.

"Y-yeah..yeah I'm..I'm ok I.." He stammered, he held his chest and looked down, smiling widely. This feeling was new, strange and weird, but he didn't mind it too much this time. It made him feel good.

He looked up at her "Carol..? Can you uh...what was that..? Can you..do it again..?' He asked. Such a goofy little bomb he was, always so curious about things he didn't know. Always asking the weirdest questions. Curiosity was always his charm however, made him likeable. She giggled and answered his questions "It was a kiss~" She said "I kissed you..~" he nodded.

"You want another one..?" the poofy girl asked "Y-yes please..." He answered shyly. She giggled and kissed him again, he kept getting flustered as she kept doing it. I guess this was her non-verbal way of telling Whitty she loved him. Of course he didn't understand.

"Carol...?" He called

"Yes.."

"I...I love you.." Oh so he did understand. "I heard people say that to each other. I think it means something nice so..I thought I could say it to you since you're always so nice to me.."

The poofy girl lit up and tears grew in eyes. It felt magical in the air, like they were both walking on clouds.

"I love you too Whitty..~" She whispered. She embraced him and returned her hug. Losing themselves in each other's warmth they lied down on the sofa and cuddled into one another. There was a comfortable silence and all they could hear was the rain trickling on the roof. They listened to each other breathe for a while, Whitty hiccuped a couple times and went back to normal breathing. After several minutes they grew sleepy and sound.

"I love you Whitty" she mumbled as she dozed off to dreamland.

"I love you too Carol" He whispered

And just like that. All was well. Both of them peacefully sleeping in each other's arms..

The End