Corruption

It was dark and silent, buildings have been abandoned and the streets littered with blood and garbage. The air reeked with the scent of rotting flesh and the monsters that destroyed lives, disgusting. The wind stung the bomb and girl as they ran away from the horrible crowd of blackened zombies, they huffed and puffed furiously until they finally stopped into a dark alleyway.

They hid against the wall where the corrupted couldn't see them. They held their breath and silently prayed for all of it to be over.

The bomb covered his right eye as the black kept infesting it, it was painful, like a migraine that keeps on getting bigger and bigger. He groaned and fell on his knees, the small poofy haired girl rushed down to help him.

"Whitty..! Listen everything is gonna be ok..we're gonna get rid of that and cure everyone I promise!" She looked at him and faked a smile to comfort the hurting bomb. Whitty looked back into her brown eyes and nodded.

He didn't believe it, he knew the black was gonna take over him before they could reach the light. He knew the awful truth and he hated it.

The taller bomb stood up. "C'mon.." He said. He picked her up and put her on his back. "I don't want you getting tired on me just yet.." She hugged his back and teared up, then nodded.

They ran to get away from the corrupted ones and have a better chance at surviving. The shy was dark and lights were very dim. Gas and blood, broken cars and dead bodies everywhere. The sight made them wanna puke, all those poor innocent people, dead. Everyone's lives are stolen and eradicated from that foul and disgusting monster that started it all.

The black only kept spreading across his eye, stinging and burning his face. He couldn't stop yet, the girl he loved was in danger. He only cared about her and her freedom, her life, her happiness. Maybe if all of this does end, Whitty could marry Carol and have a dog together. The thought was nice, but it saddened him since there was only a small chance that it could happen.

After several minutes of running they finally found a secure place. An abandoned mall with christmas decorations that have been torn to shreds, plastered the ground and hung from the decaying roof. Whitty panted and put his girlfriend down.

"This place should be ok.." He said in between breaths. The bomb walked in front of her and soon she followed. The atmosphere was suspenseful and all they could hear was the ambience of the lost souls that once walked among these floors.

Suddenly the pain stung him horribly. A painful vibration crawled through his body as he fell to the ground. He tightly held his stomach and right eye as the black kept spreading across his body. It was already too late, it's taken over more than half of his body. The rope on his head disintegrated and burst into a red flame. He grunted and moaned in pain.

The poofy haired girl ran to him and fell to her knees. She teared up and held him "Whitty!" she exclaimed. He was too weak to get up, so he lay in her arms.

"Carol...you need..to get away...I'm too dangerous.." He grumbled weakly

"No! I'm not leaving you!" She yelled. The tears grew bigger and rolled down her face. They fell on Whitty's forehead, he sniffed.

"Please...go...I need you..to be ok..." The black kept infesting him as he talked. Carol sobbed and held Whitty tightly into her arms, he hugged her and rubbed her back.

"Go....now..." He growled. She grew tense again and let him go. She placed him gently on the ground and soon enough the black infested him completely. His eyes changed and his teeth grew sharper and deadlier. She shook her head in denial and panted heavily.

This wasn't real to her, she wanted it all to be a horrible nightmare. Carol squeaked as he rose from the ground, his arms dangling and his back slouching. He was completely under the monster's control. She sprinted away from him as fast as she could and screamed.

The Whitty we once knew ran after her. She turned and tossed herself into hallways that she thought could be safe but as soon as she knew it....

Whitty caught her..

The End...?