Nyctophobia

Nyctophobia, an extreme fear of the night or the darkness. A lot of people have this phobia, but they aren't scared of the dark itself...

It's what's in the dark that scares them

Evil laughter echoed through the streets, the moon was bright and colored in blood red. The sound of owl's howling ringed in the dark night. The writings on the walls seemed to look more obscure and terrifying as the streets grew darker.

The air was infested with the smell of gas and blood, all of it made her want to pass out and die. The girl kept running though, her legs couldn't take it anymore but she didn't wanna die. Her life wasn't over yet. What got her into this? Who was she running from? Why does it have to be like this?

"Carrrooollll!!~~~" The evil voice sang her name as it kept getting closer and closer to her. The sound of his footsteps rang in her head and stung her ears. The girl couldn't run anymore so she hid into the dark abyss of the alley way. The eerie silence induced her anxiety as her tears kept rolling down her brown cheeks. This wasn't the bomb she fell in love with, she didn't know him anymore, all she saw was a monster. A lovesick, obsessed monster.

"You can't hide from me girly..~ What about the promise we made..? To always stick together and never let go..are you gonna break it.." HIs voice growled as he walked through empty streets. His black and metal were painted in the pretty, dark shades of red. The sharp knife glistened in the red moonlight. He giggled "I will find you Carol..I'll take you and keep you all to myself..forever~" She held her breath and turned blue at the thought of that. She didn't want that monster, she wanted Whitty back.

He wasn't coming back though. He's gone forever, and that monster is all she had left.

As much as she didn't wanna be with a murderous bomb she also didn't wanna be alone again. She had her friends yes, but she wanted to fall for someone, be with someone and lend her heart to them. She thought she found the right one. That bomb boy swept her off the ground and showed her a new light...

But the light turned dim and red

She couldn't hide in the same place since he kept getting closer to it. So she ran to find another one. Whitty looked around and sniffed air, her scent was close by. He grinned menacingly and ran after her. She felt his presence and ran much faster, her panting was ragged and shaky. Her mind couldn't control her body anymore, so she was running without a thought. He laughed as his eyes turned into hearts

"I FOUND YOU!"

He stopped right in front of her and she fell on the ground. Her face turned even more blue as her heart rate increased, the poor girl couldn't feel her lungs anymore. "You have a strong scent..it's nice..I'm so glad I can smell more of it.." He giggled as he slowly walked up to the shaken girl. "P-please...don't hurt me..." She cried, he grabbed her by the arm and stared deep into her soul.

"Promise me.."

"..Promise..you..?"

"Never run from me again.."

Silence. Excruciating silence.

He pointed his stained red knife at her neck. The girl yelped as he yelled. "Promise me!"

"I PROMISE!" She screamed at him. He smiled and moved the knife away. This was it, there was no turning back. This was the end of her freedom, her light, her sanity..

"I'll make you just..like..me" He whispered. His voice vibrated into her eyes and sent shivers down her spine. Carol looked down at the ground in defeat and sobbed silently. The bomb held her chin and kissed her softly.

"Don't cry lovely, everything will be ok if you stay with me..~" She wiped her eyes and kept crying. He picked her up and held her as he walked off into the night.

Nyctophobia.

I'll give you a new meaning of the word.

The fear of what lies in the dark...