Chapter 7: Miłość Zagubiona

Hermione, Neville, and Fleur landed in a heap on dead grass, the stiff trendels poking her skin through her jeans. Hermione shot up, the image of Bill and George staining her thoughts, and leaned down to help Fleur who was shaking violently.

"I'm so sorry we had to do that," Hermione breathed, reaching under Fleur's arm to pull her up. "I didn't know what else to do." Fleur didn't respond, and her head rolled against Hermione's shoulder.

"Neville?" Rang a voice, thin and strained. Hermione looked around to find they had apparated into a front yard, contained within a short silver and white gate that was rusting quickly. The house before her was tall, its walls black and windows shut with grey detailing on the panels. Ginny was standing at the door, her red hair loose and her green eyes full of worry. Hermione's heart squeezed, realizing she would have to tell one of her oldest friends her brothers were dead.

"Is that Fleur?" Ginny cried, dashing toward them. She went to the opposite side of Hermione and draped Fleur's other arm on her shoulder, as the front door opened once more and Narcissa Malfoy stepped onto the grey porch. Her hair was tied in a low ponytail, and Hermione noticed this was the most informal she'd ever seen the only female Malfoy.

"What happened." She asked, but it sounded like a statement, like she could already tell, could smell the death reeking off of them.

"Fleurs been badly hurt," Neville said, glancing at the pale witch. "Let's put her in a room."

"Let's take mine." Ginny said, and they slowly walked up the porch and into the house.

Narcissa backed up slightly, making room for them, shutting the door once everyone was inside. Hermione noticed Luna sitting in a large black chair, her legs folded beneath her with a book in her lap.

"What's happening?" Luna asked, her voice thin, and Narcissa gave her a fleeting glance, as she pointed forward to another room and the two able girls walked Fleur into what Hermione assumed was Ginny's bedroom. They set Fleur down on the twin sized mattress gently, and Narcissa beelined for Fleur. Hermione and Ginny both stepped back, and Hermione looked at the scarlet red blanket wrapped around Fleur's leg.

Her blood was going to stain the mattress. Maybe vinegar could get it out, or baking soda.

"As happy as I am to see you, I need to know what happened." Ginny said, and Hermione could see the fear in her stance. She grabbed her hand, pulling her from the room and gave Narcissa and Neville a knowing look.

"We'll be outside if you need us." Hermione murmured, shutting the door behind her. She could hear Narcissa instructing Neville and felt confident Fleur was in good hands. Stirring Ginny towards a grey loveseat across from Luna, Hermione pulled her to sit down.

"Hello, Hermione." Luna said with a smile, shutting the book. She folded her hands on top of the book, and cocked her head to the side, as if to listen intently.

"Where's Ron?" Hermione asked, and looked around what she presumed was the Blacks living room. A fire was blazing, and there was a rug in front of the fireplace. Over the hearth was a vast image of Narcissa and her two sisters, Bellatrix and Andremoda. Hermione noticed Bellatrix looked differently then, she must have been younger, and her large eyes seemed pleading, like she was asking to be released from the picture. There was a floor lamp besides the loveseat, and a few plants in ceramic pots littered the sides of the walls. While it wasn't much, it was clean and warm, and Hermione suddenly felt exhausted.

"He's in Diagon Alley. We needed some more food, for everyone coming. Then he'll go to my house." Luna answered, and Hermione nodded. That was logical. Logical, but dangerous.