Ch.26 1400 Hours

Chapter 26

2 week later

Kiara sat crossed legged on Brody's bed as he flipped through the channels without paying much attention to them. His fingers aggressively hit the buttons as he grew more and more irritated with each channel he passed.

"Are you going to say something?" Kiara asked, feeling herself grown tired from his lack of effort to make communication.

"What do you want me to say?" Brody muttered.

"I know you're upset about Scotland," Kiara frowned as she moved a little closer to sit beside the boy. "I really wanted to go too. But I can't."

"And it's convenient that Killian isn't allowed to go either, isn't it?"

"What is that supposed to mean?" Kiara pulled back to look at Brody.

"He's always getting you into trouble," Brody said. "If he wasn't there that day, we would have finished our date in here with a movie and pizza. But no, you went off with him and now Clare is angry and she's punishing you all by grounding you on campus. Which is stupid. You are an adult."

"Brody, I already told you I was sorry for that day," Kiara placed her hands on her lap as the frown on her face grew. "We even had the whole Star Wars movie date to make up for it."

Brody looked up as Kiara jogged up his memory of their second date. They had put on the movie and ordered pizza. But not a whole lotta movie watching happened. They were too busy making out for Kiara to understand anything that happened with the hour long stuff on the screen.

"I was really looking forward to this trip with you," Brody sighed.

"I know," Kiara reached for his hand. "You know.....you can stay too."

"I already booked our room," Brody shook his head. "I'm not cancelling."

"But I'll be here," Kiara pointed out. "We can just try watching Star Wars again."

Despite his attempt at trying to stay upset, the corner of Brody's mouth curved up into a smile. He lifted his eyes and gazed at Kiara as she sat cross legged on his bed. He tugged at her hand and pulled her onto his lap as he buried his nose in her hair.

"I like your hair straightened," he said, filling his lungs with the scent of her perfume.

"I know you do," Kiara laughed as she tossed her long locks over her shoulder. She felt Brody run his finger through the sleek hair before he gathered them and pushed it aside.

"You smell really good," he said kissing her shoulder and then the base of her neck.

"I used your soap in the shower," Kiara laughed.

"I really really really wish you were coming on this trip with me," Brody complained once more. "I booked the room with a balcony and a hot tub."

"I hope you are mighty comfortable without me," Kiara teased.

"You can use your ring to come by and see me, can't you?" Brody asked as he looked down at Kiara's pixie ring.

"It's for emergencies only," Kiara held up her hand.

"Killian made that dumb rule," Brody rolled his eyes. "And this is an emergency. You're checking in on your boyfriend."

"Why do I need to check in on you?" Kiara asked as she felt him press more kisses along her jawline.

"You're not worried about me being away for a whole weekend with my friends?" Brody laughed. "Just the boys."