Ch.38 Cold Cold Water

Chapter 38

For the first time in months, Killian was able to get a full night's rest. He woke up with Kiara's chest resting on his chest and her legs tangled with his. Her wild hair tickled his nose and the softest smile broke across his lips before he even opened his eyes to look at the girl in his arms.

As Killian's heartbeat started to elevate, Kiara began to stir. She stretched her legs and dug her face into the crook of his shoulder as he pulled her closer. Killian's lips found their way to her ear before he pressed a kiss.

"Good morning," Killian hummed.

"Good morning," Kiara blushed as she peeked up from underneath her hair.

Killian pulled back to look at her as he tucked her fallen hair behind her ear and ran his thumb over her bottom lip. Kiara felt her spine tingle and butterflies take flight in her stomach. His eyes were always the darkest of blues in the morning. She could stare at them for hours as he traced her face with his finger.

"I want to take you on a date," Killian scanned Kiara's eyes.

"A date?" Kiara raised a brow.

"Yes," Killian smiled.

"Where to?"

"I'm not sure yet," Killian chuckled. "But I'm going to make it special. Not ice skating or movies and a dinner."

"Are you mocking Brody's date ideas now?"

"Maybe," Killian rolled onto his back and looked up at the ceiling. He smiled as Kiara followed him and placed her chin on his chest and stared up at him with her big doe eyes. "What about breakfast at Tiffany's?"

"Like the movie?" Kiara asked.

"Yeah," Killian nodded. "They have a cafe now. We can literally have breakfast at Tiffany's. I can get the whole place for us. It'll just be you and all the diamonds."

"You just love spending your mom's money on me, don't you?" Kiara rolled her eyes.

"It's the least she can do after what she has done to you," Killian put his arm behind his head and shrugged. He pulled Kiara a little closer, wanting her warm body to be pressed up next to him under the sheets.

"It's not so bad," Kiara placed her cheek against the boy's chest.

"Because you're avoiding it all."

"Doesn't stop the world from spinning," Kiara sighed.

"I'm worried, Kia."

"About what?" Kiara lifted her head once more.

"About you holding yourself back from teleporting," Killian said slowly. "There has to be a reason why Ezra and my mother were the vessels of death. If we were not needed then why would we be here. The acolytes could do it all without us."

"They really could."

"Exactly," Killian sighed. "Then why are we still tied to this?"

"I don't know," Kiara muttered.

"There has to be a reason," Killian shook his head. "And I worry you not doing this will be bad in the long run of things."

"Have you spoken to the old hags?" Kiara giggled.

"They don't say much," Killian sighed. "And it's weird talking to Lachesis....that little girl is always hopping around and giggling. I can't have a serious conversation with a child."

"Who do you think she is?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, the fates said we see them as important women in our lives," Kiara explained. "And we both have been seeing Lachesis as the little girl...."