Away from Home

The week of the honeymoon went by so quickly. It was magical. Jungkook had rented a private island. The week felt like we had the entire world to ourselves. Neither of us had to worry about work or my mom or literally anything other than just us. The world was just us.

After we got back I had to start the process of changing my last name. I was now Dr. Jeon Y/n. Being married to Jungkook brought out a different side of him. He was clingier than ever and was so loving. I adored every second of it. He was everything I had ever dreamed of and more. Jungkook was the vice president of his father's company now. Within the next year, he is taking it over with the help of his older brother, Jung-Hyun.

Jungkook is currently away for a business meeting with his dad and brother. He is going to be gone for two weeks. This is the first time he has been gone since we married. I know business trips are going to be a big part of his work life. I am going to have to quickly get used to him being away. He calls me every night.

Work has been very busy the past few weeks, which is good for the doctors who like to keep our hands busy. However, it's not too good for the patients who are injured. Jin and I haven't been working on the same days as much. I miss hanging out with him. However, he is coming over for some take-out and movies tonight. I am so excited, hanging out like the old days. Most of today has been devoted to house chores. Dishes were never a problem, seeing as after we ate we did dishes right away.

The hours sped by waiting for when Jin was supposed to come over. I am just relaxing on the couch. It's about 6:00, Jin said he would be here at 6:15. I set my phone down and lose myself in the book I was reading. Suddenly, I hear a knock at the door. I look over at the clock "6:15". He's right on time.

I jump up and open the door for Jin. He has a key and I've told him numerous times he can just walk in. He doesn't listen.

Seokjin: "Hi pretty girl. How are you?"

"Hi Jinnie, I have been pretty good, but I'm starved. What do we want for food?"

Seokjin: "How does pizza sound?"

"Ooo yes. I'll order it, go ahead and pick a movie."

I walk into the kitchen and find the menu to call the pizza place. I order for the both of us. I hang up and get the money ready. I walk back into the living room and Jin has picked a movie.

"What are we watching?"

Seokjin: "Scary action or comedy?"

That's a good question. Jin and I are movie buffs. Jungkook didn't like horror movies and he wasn't a big fan of watching movies in general.

"What action or comedy?"

Jin searched around and finds a movie that we both deemed interesting. "6 Underground". I hop up to go grab a blanket from the hall closet. I grab two in case Jin wants one.

((A/n: if you haven't seen it and you have Netflix I recommend it!))

I quickly dim the lights because there is a glare on the screen. I hand him his blanket and then sit in the spot next to him. He clicks the play button and we both lose ourselves. We are startled but the sound of a knock at the door.

I receive the pizza and pay the delivery driver. The night went by quickly, we watched a few movies and just hung out like when we were in school.

I wake up the next morning to a text from Jungkook. I was having so much fun with Jin I didn't even realize he didn't call last night. He was apologizing for not calling. I send him a quick text back and lay back down for a little while longer.

I wake up again around 10:45. Sleeping in always feels nice. I wake up and stretch a little. I grab my phone and send Kookie a short good morning message. I go to get in the shower.

Once I shower I go and warm up some leftovers. Today is a lazy day. The days leading to Jungkook getting home came faster and faster each. Work helped to pass the time. Day where
I didn't work felt impossible to pass the time.

Jungkook is coming home tomorrow. I miss him so much. He said his business trip went well. Which is great, he is truly excited to take over his father's business with his brother.

I have to work today, meaning today is going to go by quickly. Meaning it's going to feel like less time until the love of my life comes home.

~~~~~Jungkook's POV ~~~~~
My dad and brother are allowing me to come home a day earlier to surprise y/n. I have missed her so much these past two weeks. Hearing her voice once a day was the best part of my day. All I have to do is finish this plane ride and then I will be with my wife.

~~~~~Your POV ~~~~~
Work is busy as always. Someone came into the ER with a nail sticking out of his leg. I want to know how that was not excruciating, he said it didn't hurt. We still started treating him with pain meds. That was the most interesting and out of the norm thing we got today. It was now about 5 pm. My shift wasn't over until 9:30 when the night shift doctor came in.

About an hour later I was pulled into emergency surgery. A man was pushed off a 5 story building.

By the time we finished up the surgery, which thankfully went well, I want to meet up with Jin. I check my phone as I ask him how the ER is. I have 4 missed calls.

I hit the call back button.

Woman: "Hello, how can I help you?"

"Hi, I have four missed calls from this number."

Woman: "Are you Dr. Jeon Y/n?"

"Yes, I am."

Woman: "Hello Doctor, I am a nurse at Seoul national hospital. Your husband is currently I'm under our care after getting in a massive collision with a semi. He is in a very critical condition, the doctor would like to discuss more with you when you get here."

As a doctor, I knew exactly what the meant, I felt a knot tie in my stomach.

"I'm sorry I think you must have the wrong person. My husband is away on a business trip."

Jin looked at me confused, I put my finger up at him, signaling that I would tell him in a second.

Nurse:  "Is this Dr. Jeon Y/n formerly Lee y/n."

"Yes but I'm telling you my husband is away on business.

I could feel my heart pounding in my chest and the tears welling up in my eyes.

"Are you sure that it's Jeon Jungkook?"

Nurse: "Yes ma'am."

I felt my heart shatter in my hands.

"I'll be there as soon as I can."

I hung up the phone and felt my legs give underneath me. I felt Jin catch me before I hit the hard marble floor.

My husband is dying.