Shattered

Seokjin: "What's wrong?" 

I feel the endless stream of tears start down my face. I was trying not to scream, this is a feeling I wouldn't wish onto anyone. My body feels cold, my heart is no longer racing, a knot in my stomach making me nauseous. I pushed Jin away and ran to the doctor's lounge. I grab my things and hang my jacket. He followed after me frantic. 

Seokjin: "What happened?" 

The worry and stress in his face makes my chest hurt. 

"Jungkook is in Seoul National Hospital, in critical condition." 

I choke on my words and spin my wedding ring on my finger thinking about all the memories I have with the amazing man that I married. 

"They said the doctor wants to tell me more when I get there." 

Jin sighed knowing exactly what that meant. Jungkook was most likely braindead. Meaning I lost my husband two months after I married him. The love of my life stolen from me. Jin offers to drive me once our replacements get here. Both of them agreeing to come in early due to the circumstances. 

Jin drove me to the hospital. The car ride is painfully silent. The closer we get to the hospital, the tighter my chest gets. The image of my husband laying in pain in a hospital bed. Jin pulls up to the hospital and I feel like entire heart drop. Jin and I walk in and a nurse directs us to the ICU. I walk up to the nurses station. She grabs a medical chart and reads it very quickly. I see her eyes drop as she puts the chart down. She pushes a button the phone she's next. 

Nurse: "The doctor will be here in just a minute." 

She gives me a small smile. Jin tells her that he is a doctor and asks to see his medical chart. She responded by saying that she can't do that. He opened his arms to me, and I walk into them. I feel the tears start to flow again as Jin tried his best to comfort me. My entire world was breaking around me. I am losing my mother and my husband. 

A few minutes later a doctor comes up to me. 

Doctor: " Are you the wife of Jeon Jungkook?" 

I turn around and leave Jin's arms to see the doctor. I nod my head. He is holding a medical chart, which I am assuming is Jungkook's. 

Doctor: "Your husband was brought in earlier today after getting in a massive head on collision with a semi-truck. According to police and witnesses, the semi was in the wrong lane and they both tried to swerve avoiding each other resulting in a head on collision." 

I feel my heart drop listening to the doctor's words. My chest tightens as he opens the chart to keep talking. 

Doctor: "I am very sorry ma'am, but the patient is brain dead. There is nothing we can do for him. We have done everything we could." 

The tears start flowing down my cheeks. I take a deep breath. 

"May I see his chart? I have an MD I won't make any comments. Will you just allow me to see?" 

The doctor nods his head and hands me his chart. I take another deep breath before opening it to read about Jungkook's condition. As I continued to read about the injuries he sustained my heart twists and turns. I feel a knot tie in my stomach. I had the chart back to the doctor. 

"May I see him?" 

He nods. 

Doctor: "Follow me." 

The doctor leads me to a room and stops prior to getting to the door. 

Doctor: "I know you are a doctor, but I want to prepare you for what you are going to see."