Chapter 13: Snape

Buzz started to circulated around the school as the first Quidditch match drew near. Originally it was supposed to be Gryffindor vs Slytherin but Draco said he wasn't in the right mindset after almost being killed by Buckbeak, which of course is not what happened.

I sat with Crabbe in the Slytherin common room talking to him about the upcoming game. The evening sun shone through clouds and into the windows.

"So, who do you think is going to win at the Quidditch match?" I asked him as I filled in some homework I had from Professor Lupin.

"I want say Hufflepuff, but it'll be Gryffindor." He answered.

"Don't know much about the teams to be honest." I told him.

"Gryffindor thinks they're best all because they have Potter. The youngest seeker in years." Draco exclaimed as he exited the dorm room with Flint.

"Oh yeah Draco? Are you any better?" I joked with him.

"For your information I am. He's only gotten lucky." Draco answered triumphantly.

The slam of the window shutters hitting the window caught our attention. I stood up and looked out the windows. I could even see trees of the forbidden forest swaying in the distance.

"Should they really be playing in this weather?" I turned and asked Draco.

"No. It's why our team is not." Flint answered for him.

Flint was pale, and tall, as well on the skinny side. He commanded the Slytherin Quidditch team. He donned his Winter Robes as well as a hat that covered his ears.

"I've got to go to the class of Beasts in this cold. It's outrageous." Flint complained.

"I refuse to go after what happened. If not for you, Percy I'd be dead! Dead I tell you!" Draco exclaimed.

"It was nothing Draco." I told him as I walked away from the window, I then grabbed my books, "Well, I'm off. I got Defense Against the Dark Arts in a few minutes."

"One thing Jackson," Flint stopped me at the door, "you seem to be pretty athletic, ever considered Quidditch? One of our beaters is planning on leaving the team."

"I'd have to think about it." I told him.

Draco and Flint then waved me off as I left the common room. I passed many students in the halls as I made my treck. I walked past the Potions class and it was empty, even Snape wasn't there.

Once I entered the Defense Against the Dark Arts room I sat down in the second row behind a few of the girls from Gryffindor. The grey light coming through the window illuminated the room. A few minutes later Piper joined me at the table and Ron and Hermione sat behind us.

About a minute before class started Pofessor Snape walked in and closed the shutters with his wand. He approached the end of the classroom and turned to face us.

"I will be your substitute teacher for today. Professor Lupin has fallen... ill." He explained, he scanned the classroom until he set eyes upon the table behind Piper and I.

"Misses Granger or Mister Weasley, would either of you happen to know where Mister Potter is? You three seem to be inseparable." He hissed, rolling various words in his scrawling tone.

I turned my head and Hermione was red from either anger or embarrassment. Ron seemed unaffected, like this was the norm.

"I do not know where he is Professor, he is probably-" Hermione answered.

"I asked a simple question Miss Granger. I did not need your life story." He cut Hermione off.

If possible, she turned even redder.