The Deer-Hunters

"Shopping for school supplies - party." Lorelai said as the three of them walked towards Doosey's market. The twins needed new stuff for Chilton, mainly Rory, she wanted more professional stuff, while Cory was just hoping to have extra's so she didn't have to worry about running out.

"Nobody demanded that you come." Rory said blankly making Cory giggle, of course her mom was coming with, that's just who she was. "Are you kidding? How often do you get to do things like this? I was thinking, while we're going crazy, we should get some toilet paper and a plunger next." The twins mother exclaimed playfully, the shorter twin rolled eyes.

"We'll just do this later." Cory offered as they stopped in the doorway, pulling her arm away from Rory, both looking at their mother. "No, I'm teasing. Come on, get that list of yours." Lorelai ordered, Cory beamed at her mother as Rory pulled out the list. The trio of Gilmore's waked further into the store.

"I need legal pads." Rory said looking over her list, Lorelai and Cory following her to the office supplies. "How are the clubs going?" Lorelai asked her youngest, grabbing a set of erasers off the top shelf for her, before handing a pack of pens to her oldest.

"I ended up leaving the music club, all they cared about was having free time. I couldn't do the art club because it's at the same time as the culinary club. The dance team has been kind enough to be my guinea pigs because Ms. Patty is letting us use the studio for free. I have to get a recipe book, it's a requirement. The first thing going in it is my oatmeal cookies, it's highly requested." Cory rambled happily, Rory and Lorelai listened with soft smile as they continued to explore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cory sat between Jay and Tristan as she scribbled away at her recipe book. The two males watched in interest, Cory had promised to make them some once she figured out the kinks.

"Decent effort by most. . ." Mr. Medina said as he handed back the test to the students. "Good effort by some, exceptional effort by three. Miss. Geller, Miss. Grant, Cory." The youngest Gilmore beamed seeing the bold A+ on the top, the twins had their teachers to just call them by their nicknames to avoid confusion.

 "Ms. Graham, Rory, Mr. Dawson. Take these home, learn from your mistakes. Look at the large red circles around various parts of your paper as friendly reminders that to err is human. And that here at Chilton we try to beat that humanity right outta ya!" Mr. Medina instructed, Cory caught the red D's that they tried to hide from her.

 "Ok, next up. The test - the dreaded test. Shakespeare! The man we've been droning on about for the last three weeks, finally comes back to haunt us on Friday. This is a big one my friends - multiple choice with an essay section that will count for 20% of your grade for this semester. And don't be fooled by my kind face and charming personality. This test will be hard, and there will be no makeups." 

The bell rang and the students gathered their stuff. "Refer to the study materials that I gave you at the beginning of the month and those extensive notes I know you've been taking."  Cory turned to Jay with a soft smile, she knew Rory would be doing a cram session and wouldn't want interruptions. 

"Wanna study together? I'l make cookies." The short girl offered holding her notebook close to her chest, Jay relaxed, glad she didn't say anything about the grade. "Sounds great." 

"Your place okay? Rory's gonna cram and doesn't like distractions." Cory said softly, she didn't want to push him into agreeing if he didn't want to. The freckled boy smiled at her, there was nothing wrong with his place, but he was glad that she considered that he might not want her there.