Kill Me Now

(Without the jacket.)

Cory ran her hand over her outfit as she looked in the mirror. "Calm down, you look great babe." Lorelai told her youngest, meeting her eye through the mirror. The brown eyed girl bit her lip and nodded. "Rory and I have you covered for dinner tonight, so just go have fun." The older Gilmore said making her relax and nod.

Giving a hug to her mother and twin she headed out to the car Luke got her after she passed her driver's test.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jay looked at the crowd, hoping to see the Gilmore's. "Go Jay!" He heard a familiar voice shout, his eyes going straight towards the front row where a sheepish Cory stood in their school color's shivering. 

The dark haired boy ran off the field grabbing his team jacket, tossing it to the brunette. 'Thank you.' Cory mouthed putting it on, the jacket falling to her knee's, covering her outfit which made them smile.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Good job." Cory said as she and Jay walked towards the parking lot. Jay smiled down at the girl who was fiddling with the sleeves of his hoodie. "Thanks." The girl smiled shyly as she led them to her car. "This is yours?" The teen male asked in shock, it was a beautiful car and probably had a beautiful engine.

Cory smiled happily. "Yeah, Luke got it for me as a present for passing my driver's test." The girl said before tugging him closer. "This is my favorite part." The girl said, running her hand over the small decal design on the side, a cookie wearing glasses. Jay smiled at the love in the girls eyes. "What does it mean?" He asked making her bite her lip.

"Every time I would pass a test at school, the first place I would go to the diner, and Luke would give me a cookie. We don't even think about it anymore. Anytime I get an A, Luke gives me a cookie. I passed the test with flying colors, so he gave me a forever cookie. Always called me his smart cookie." Cory said looking up Jay with a bright smile.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jay's ride never showed up, so Cory insisted on taking him, but she decided to make a pit stop. "I thought you were taking me home." Jay said turning down the music a little.  Cory smiled as she drove.

"I am, but you look like you could use some coffee." Cory said as she pulled to a stop in front of Luke's. "Come on." Cory said offering the boy a hand to take, which he did after a moment of thinking. Cory dragged the boy into the diner smiling over her shoulder.

"Now, I know this probably isn't what you're used to, but trust me." The Gilmore said, standing on her toes, to kiss Luke on the cheek as she slipped behind the counter. "Luke." The diner owner said holding his hand out while the youngest grabbed two mugs.