chapter 7

y/n's pov

y/n's pov

"let's have a good game!"

i watched as both teams bowed on either side, then walking back to the bench for the lineup.

"last game of the day, let's take it home."

coach gave the lineup and the boys went to their respectable spots on and off the court. i looked over to kita, who was watching intently as lineups were checked. his eyes met mine briefly before giving a small smile and focusing back on the game. the whistle blew and the game started, a perfect pass from akagi, straight to atsumu. suna moved his whole body to hit the ball to the left, where no one was covering. first point of the game goes to us. i wrote their stats quickly in the notebook on my lap, trying to get everything in and soon enough we had game point.

"24-23"

it's a close one, as long as we don't do anything stupid we should be fine. luck seemed to be on our side seeing as atsumu was serving, he was one of our stronger servers, putting different types of serves over. He placed the ball in his left hand, a float serve, smart. the other team's defense was too far back, they were expecting a hard serve. he took a step with his left foot, tossed the ball and hit the ball in the center, it skimmed the net and dropped in the middle of the court.

"25-23"

one set down, two to go.

"y/n, notice anything about the game?"

i looked up and the boys and our coach.

"um, nothing really. just keep doing what you're doing. oh, but watch out for omi, number 10, he's a killer at the net."

they didn't play him the first set, which is odd, he's their ace. they must have something in mind.

"just make sure you keep at least one blocker on him at all times."

"why do we have to watch out for him? he didn't even play the first set."

suna asked,

"he's their ace, I'm not sure why he didn't play, but they must be planning something for the next few sets. just watch out for him."

they nodded their heads and listened to the lineup for this game.

"y/n, take this to the table for me."

"okay."

i grabbed the sheet of paper, looking over who was going to start. atsumu, osamu, suna, aran, ginjima, and omimi. though, suna was going to be pulled out as soon as it started, weird. usually we put him in the front row so he can play first. i handed over the small paper to the scorer and turned back towards the bench.