chapter 8

y/n's pov

y/n's pov

"n/n! where are you goin'?!"

"out... i'll be back in a few hours!"

i yelled back, gently pushing my earrings in the small holes along my ears. i reached across my desk, grabbing a small bag and placing my wallet and phone inside. i looked at my reflection one last time in the mirror before walking down the stairs. (you can pick what you'd like to wear!) i grabbed my keys off the counter as i heard the doorbell ring. i walked to the front door, taking a deep breath before opening it, revealing kita.

"hey."

"hey, are you ready?"

he asked with a small smile,

"yeah, lets go."

i shut the door behind us, following him to the car parked out front. he opened the door for me, helping me in.

"thank you."

"you're welcome."

he shut the door, walking to the drivers side, turning on the ignition. i watched as he drove towards the highway, his eyes glancing over at me every few minutes.

"i never asked but, where are we going?"

"it's a surprise."

i was a very patient person, but i was getting nervous. maybe because it was my first date? no, no, because it's my first date with kita. my stomach was in knots, my leg bounced in anticipation. i felt his hand on my thigh, making my face heat up, i could see a small smile on his face.

"no need to be nervous y/n."

"i'm not nervous."

i said quickly,

"y/n, i've known you for what, three years now? you really think i don't know when you're nervous?"

he said focusing his eyes back on the road,

"just relax. we're almost there."

he exited off the highway, going away from tokyo. i leaned back into the seat, trying to relax myself as he drove one backroads and into the country roads. it was peaceful outside, the sun was starting to slowly set, a light orange hues visible over the treeline. a few houses came into view, he slowed down, stopping what looked like an old park.