Chapter 28

"Shane..." I say, feeling unsure about what he has on his mind.

"Its- I'm sorry. Anyways, how are you feeling? After these terrible events?" he quickly changes the atmosphere as he slowly gets away from me.

"Let's go to the kitchen. I will make us some coffee." I say and he nods while following me to the next room. I approach the sink and I take out two cups ready to prepare our coffee. "So would you like it black or with milk?" I ask.

"Black." he says as he takes a seat. There is then an awkward silence and gradually after some moments, I speak,

"I have been feeling terrible since that day. I have been dealing with nightmares and traumas but now I feel much more better. I barely think about it now." I say, while handing him a white cup.

"I understand. I'm glad that you are able to manage your trauma. You are so strong Scarlette." Shane says and I smile. A half cracked smile. I'm strong? Yes I believe so since I have always been dealing with things on my own. Nobody but myself has been able to re comfort me.

"About that friend of yours, is she still going to school?"

"No, I heard that she was suspended from school because one of my friends had called the police about her drugging me. So, I think she is suspended for sometimes." I say, feeling quite relief about Katrine being suspended at school.

"The guy who tried to force himself on you?"

"The police took him away." I state and Shane nods.

"It's better this way, Scarlette." He says and I nod. We talk for a while, about his projects to Canada, about his stay and about New York. He informs that he is going to stay at a nearby hotel and that he will be visiting me everyday. Shane also informs me about a business meeting that he will be having in the coming days. He tells me about how my father is unaware of these events and I make him promise not to say anything. Just like the gentleman he is, he readily respects my decision.

As such, since he just arrived today, he decides to check in to the hotel where he is staying and then we have made some plans to go out later for dinner. So now, it's already half past six and even Sasha is finally at home. So me and her, we decide to get ready to go on our dinner date with our friend.

"Are you going to be dressing prettily for Shane?" Sasha teases and I roll my eyes at her silly remark.

"No. I'm not." I stare annoyingly at her. She makes the liner of her eye perfectly using the liquid eyeliner and I feel jealous of her makeup skill.

"Here let me do yours as well." She offers and I nod.

************************************

"Is the food to your liking?" Sasha asks and Shane nods while stating,

"You know that I'm not the one who complains about his food." he smiles casually and Sasha nods while pouting,

"Yeah! Scar you won't believe! This guy here will literally eat anything you give him without complaining." Sasha says while pointing her fork at Shane. I giggle a little and they all join me into a laugh.

"Is that so?" I ask,

"Yes, I barely complain about things, Scarlette." he says while staring right at me. He looks so gentle yet so mysterious. It's true, I have always pictured him as a gentleman. The way he talks, the way he laughs, the way he jokes, everything... It's as if he is radiating a prince's aura around him.

"I feel that just like me, you also you barely complain about things, isn't it?" he asks and I nod.

There is then a silence...

"I don't complain. It didn't help me whenever I vented out. It never did. I absorbed everything inside me. I took it all on myself never the other way around." I state after taking a deep breath.

"Scarl... You can trust us.. We are here for you." Sasha says while looking sadly at me. I can see the honesty in her eyes. Do I even have to doubt her words? After she has been taking so much care of me..

"Thanks. I know you guys are different. Now, let's not ruin this dinner, tell me some jokes guys. Amuse me.." I state and they look happily at me before they start joking around. We spend a peaceful dinner and after so long, I finally find myself to smile a little. The night goes on like this and soon we all part ways.