21: Truths and Lies

A sweet scent of freshly made pancakes coated the cabin at the early hours of the morning. The enticing scent seduced the Alpha out of his sleep and gently, he awakened himself up. Carefully he stretched his sleepy limbs, for there was someone nuzzled against his torso. Jungkook ruffled his own hair, trying to somewhat make it look more presentable and not having it spiking up into the air; as he rubbed his tired eyes, the Alpha yawned heavily. Then, finally prepared to start his day, he sat up on the bed. He was about to get up when he felt a hand tugging at his shorts, preventing him from leaving. Curled up with his body pressed against him, Fai slept profoundly; completely unaware of the flustered Alpha that peered at him. There was a fuzzy feeling in Jungkook's chest, something ticklish. Suddenly, he felt weird. His eyes wavered uncertainly inside their cavities as he pondered about what to do. Shakingly, his hands brushed past the toddler's hair and gently, he started calling for him.

It wasn't like children were a "taboo" topic for the Alpha or something that he wasn't necessarily comfortable around. He was – in the most humblest of ways – rather good with them. The few that he interacted with at the pack, appeared to like him. But for some reason, the situation at hand looked different in Jungkook's eyes. The boy was attached to his mate, they carried the same scar and a similar pain, he spent the night at their place, shared a bed with him and Hani. Matter of fact, he slept in between them; clutching onto both of them with his tiny hands. It was odd, wasn't it? How naturally the toddler was growing on both of them. Rather strange, truly. It seemed as if he felt that he was at home. And, that simple fact - that connection that Jungkook was growing with that child - was more than enough for him to lose his confidence and instead become flustered and unsure of the things he did and said around him. Now that he realized, he was trying to awaken Fai in the same way his father used to do to him. That was the only father figure Jungkook had had throughout his life, and when faced with a situation like this, he realized just how little he knew about parenting. Was that why he felt so uncomfortable?

"Baby?" Jungkook's head snapped towards the door, his eyes widening. Similarly, to a little kid who's caught causing ruckus when he shouldn't; with his puppy dog eyes, Jungkook stared at his mate who was standing at the door. She had a cute little apron around her waist and her hair was tied. She looked rather... homey. Tiptoeing, she made her way towards the Alpha and sat down in front of him. Tenderly she brushed his hair with her hands and smiled lovingly at him, pressing a quick kiss to his cheek. "I'm making breakfast. Something really sweet and tasty for Fai and you. He's still sleeping, uh?"

Leaning in, Hani fondly removed Fai's bangs from his eyes. She caressed his cheek with her thumb and unconsciously she smiled brightly at the sleeping boy. She grabbed the grey sheets of the bed and used them to cover up the toddler, tucking him delicately in with the covers. Her eyes met Jungkook's and the Alpha felt his heart skipping a beat – a dangerous, almost, deadly move. A shot of electricity ran through him and he felt his heartbeat accelerating at the thoughts that clouded his mind.

"You slept well? You and Fai were snoring really loudly when I woke up, so I'm assuming you both had a really good sleep." Hani climbed on top of Jungkook's lap and wrapped her arms and legs around him, craving for some warmth and affection. Immediately, Jungkook melted into her embrace and started peppering her face and neck with gentle and long kisses. "He was nuzzled into you. I remember waking up and struggling to find him because he was literally hiding under you."

"He was in that position when I woke up too" Jungkook's lips were trailing the familiar path in Hani's skin. Slowly, the hot lips inched closer and closer to hers and then, swiftly, they crashed on her. The mates kissed one another with gentle passion, their hands adventuring down the other's body. "I love you... so much"