Chaptet 19: Maybe It Was Too Early

Alison POV:
We both turn and look into each other's eyes, and the next thing I know, our lips are locked.

"Alison...?" I hear a broken voice call out to me.

I turn and see...

Emily...

"Emily-" I begin, but she cuts me off.

"Save it!" She yells, and storms out of the room.

"Emily!" I yell and run after her.

Emily POV:
I can hear Alison's heels clicking against the wooden floor, and her calling my name. But I manage to just drown her out.

I run past the other girls, and out of the house to my car.

I speed off down the rose as tears fall from my eyes and cloud my vision.

I don't know how, but I manage to get home without crashing or something like that.

I run upstairs to my room, and throw myself on my bed as I scream and cry.

She never loved me...

[...]
*School on Monday*

Alison POV:
The weather is finally starting to look like spring, and flowers are blooming.

Too bad I can't spend this beautiful day with my girlfriend...If I can even still call her my girlfriend.

I throw on light skinny jeans, and a light blue crop top. I slip on my white vans, and grab my black backpack, and head off to school.

-
As I park my car, and start walking to the doors of the school I see that frat boy-Kyle Spencer.

I sigh, and walk past him into the school.

"Hey, Alison!" He yells when he sees me.

I roll my eyes, and turn around to look at him.

"What?" I ask him annoyed.

"Nevermind..." He mumbles when he notices the mood I'm in.

"Just say what you needed to say." I tell him, obviously exasperated.

"You ditched me at the party."

"And you kissed me. Now, what are you doing here at Rosewood High?" I ask him.

"I just moved here. But, why did you ditch me. We were having fun." He says with a smile on his face.

"And I have a girlfriend!" I yell.

"You mean that brunette that ran away after she saw us?" He asks, and I just salty silent. "Are you sure she even wants to see you?" He asks me.

My vision blurs as tears fill my eyes.

He's right...

I turn around and quickly make my way inside of the school.

I see Emily and the girls at Emily's locker talking, and I quickly walk past them.

"Blondie! Hey!" Hanna shouts with a smile. Spencer and Aria turn around, and they also smile at me.

"Hey, Alison." Spencer says.

I'm guessing Emily didn't tell them what happened.

"Uh, h-hey." I stutter with a forced smile.

Emily closes her locker and the girls turn around to face her.

I take this time, and take off running down the hallway.

Emily POV:
I'm angry, sad, hurt, and feel betrayed.

Alison runs off when the girls turn around, and I look at the girls.

"Where's Alison going?" Hanna asks me.

"I don't know." I mumble, and start walking away.

Spencer grabs my arm, and yanks me back to face her.

She grabs my face, and forces me to look at her.

"What happened?" She asks me.

"Nothing." I tell her annoyed.

Hanna squints her eyes, and tilts her head. Like she's trying to read my mind.

"Something happened. Why did you ignore Alison? What happened?" Hanna asks sternly.

"STOP! OKAY?! JUST STOP! YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED?!" I yell.

The girls are taken aback my my outburst, but I don't care.

I'm angry.

"You don't have-" Aria begins, but I cut her off.

"SHE CHEATED ON ME! AT THE PARTY WITH SOME-" I yell, but I stop when I see...Him...

Everyone is staring at us. Whispering.

But...Him. What is he doing here?!

The girls turn to see what I'm staring. They're obviously shocked.

"Him..." I finish, and run over to him.

I jump and tackle him to the ground.

"YOU DID THIS!" I yell as my anger fumes, boiling inside of me. My blood rushing through my body. My adrenaline rushing. I could hear the constant beating of my heart as I stared down at the scared blonde boy.

I'm a ticking time bomb. Rigged to explode at any second.

"I'm sorry!" The boy yelled.

"YOU SHOULD BE!" I screamed as my face turned a bright flaming red.

I drew my fist back and swung, but stopped.

I put my hand down and looked at him.

This isn't me.

I looked at his face. Full of fear.

I broke down. Tears streaming down my face like a waterfall.

I climbed off of his trembling body, and sat on the cold tile of the dirty school floor. And just....Cried.

Sobs racking my body.

"I'm sorry..." I whisper to the boy.

"No...I'm sorry. This is all my fault." He tells me.

"I'm...pretty sure Alison and me are over." I say with a sad, broken and humorless laugh. "I guess...You could have her." I say as I get up.

"What? No. She's yours." He says. "She looked so broken when she saw I go to this school." He adds. "She loves you."

"Yeah, well...Maybe we said 'I love you' too early. "You should have her. Keep her safe. Show her how much she really means." I say.

"And...Be careful. Keep a close eye on her. She...Just watch her." I tell him, and walk out of the school.

Maybe it was too early.

Maybe we shouldn't have said we love each other.