Chapter 30: Broken

Spencer POV:
"Let's get you cleaned up." I say to Emily.

"Okay." She mumbles.

I've never seen her like this.

So broken. So sad.

"Wanna know something funny?" Emily asks with a broken laugh.

"What is it?" I ask.

"I never even told my parents about Alison." She begins. "They don't even know I'm gay."

---
Alison POV:
"Hey, Ali-Gator!" Luke exclaims, walking into my house.

I put my bottle of water down and walk over to him.

"Hey." I mumble with a small fake smile.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"Luke, there's something I need to tell you..."

---
Emily POV:
"Maybe I should go to Texas with my parents." I say out of nowhere.

"What? No! I won't let you do that!" Hanna yells, jumping up from my desk chair.

"Thanks for helping me. But I think I'll be happier there. It seems like I'm constantly getting hurt in Rosewood." I mumble.

I stare at my ceiling in the dark, it's getting late. My hands are resting on my stomach. Same old empty feeling in my heart. I see her when I fall asleep. I loved her too much and I dived too deep.

(A/N anyone? 👆 get it?)

"I let her go. It's too late now." I whisper.

---
Alison POV:
"Alison, what is it? You're starting to scare me." Luke says with a worried expression.

"I lied to you. I lied to you, and they caused so many people pain. Pain they didn't deserve." I say in the verge of tears.

"Alison-"

"Emily was my girlfriend. Was. And then you showed up." I cry out. "Emily is the type of person whose jealousy turns to anger. You practically stole me from her! I don't want to blame you, but you're the only person I can blame. Besides myself. But I already hate myself. But it's because if you. This happened because of...You." I speak, tears streaming down my face.

"I didn't mean to cause any trouble..." I mutters with a broken voice.

"I know you didn't, but you did." I pause to take a deep breath. "I don't want to be mad at you. But it's like I can't control my emotions. I can't control anything. I ruin everything. Do you how many times I've hurt Emily?" I wail. I wipe my tears, and take in a big shaky breath. "I'm sorry, Luke."

"It's fine." He says, but I know he's lying.

"I don't hate you. I just hate myself...I tend to take my problems out on other people." I say. "I'm sorry, Luke." I repeat in a whisper.

"No, I'm sorry." He says, and gives me a small, smile.

I know that smile is sad. I know it's regretful. I know it's sorry. I know it's broken.

I'm breaking everyone around me.

Luke turns around, and slowly turns the knob.

"Goodbye, Alison."

"Goodbye, Luke."

---

Emily POV:
The girls and I are sitting on my bed, just enjoying the quiet when there's a small knock on the door.

"I'll get it." Aria says, and goss to get up, but I stop her.

"It's my house. I'll get it." I say.

I go downstairs and open the door to a blue eyed boy.

"Luke..." I say shocked.

"Alison told me everything. I'm sorry." He whispers. I can tell he's been crying. "I didn't mean to ruin everything." He adds.

"You didn't ruin everything." I say.

He looks down, and he notices my wrists.

I try to cover them, but he stops me.

"It sure seems like I did...I just wanted to visit a friend. And look where that got me." He says.

"What do you mean?" I ask curious.

"Alison hates me now." He tells me with a sad chuckle.

"Why?"

"She...blames me, and herself, for everything that's happened since I got here." He tells me.

"You didn't do anything."

"She's right, Emily."

He pauses. "Why did you leave her?" He asks.

"...Honestly, I don't know...."

---
Alison POV:
"Alison...What are you doing here?" Noel asks.

"You said that if I ever hurt Emily, I'd have to deal with you and Hanna. Why haven't you said anything?" I ask him.

"You didn't necessarily hurt her. She just got jealous."

"And I slapped her."

"I care about Emily. But I also care about you."

"What about Hanna?"

"Trust me, she's mad at you, Blondie. But she doesn't think you deserve to hurt. Neither do I. We know Emily loves you. She'll forgive you. Jair give her time."

Foreshadowing. ✌️