09.

"Emperor, you're alive. What brings me here?" I ask Darth Sidious as I walk to him.

"I have a task for you, Grand Inquisitor. The home of Obi-Wan Kenobi stands untouched in the Tatooine desert. I have suspicion that the boy Luke, from the rebel fleet, is Darth Vader's lost son." He tells me. "Kenobi's old home could hold evidence to prove my suspicions right."

"Yes sir." I say, spinning on my heels and beginning to walk from my room.

"And Darth Verloren," I stop and turn to look at the Emperor once more. "Your unwavering loyalty, even after the death of your master and father, is something to be very proud of. You will be rewarded for you servitude to this great Empire."

"Thank you, Emperor." I quickly walk from the room.

...

When we arrive at Kenobi's home, it is completely abandoned and untouched.

"Wait here." I tell my soldiers. Our droids splices the door open, I walk inside. Different remnants of another time lie inside, the token of the Jedi Council sits on the counter. I pick it up and stare at it for a moment before setting it back down.

To my left is a journal, the cover is dark red. I pick it up and open up the pages, this is my father's writing. I open to the most recent entry.

I taught Lyra how to properly duel for the last time today. She has grown powerful enough to be named a Sith Lord. A day that brings me nothing but joy and pride, but also great fear and unease.

I think back to that day at the Temple, a scared little girl. And from then I have watched her grow to be a gifted young woman. This is what brings me so much pride and so much joy.

In the decade I've spent raising her, she has become my light to guide me through this dark place. I have never faced anything but cruelty and abuse in my life, never before have I had anything good. And I finally do, it is starting to make me regain hope in this world.

Maybe I should save her, from this wretched life under the Empire's watch. Maybe she deserves more than this life of darkness I have casted over it. But then, she has gained power in the darkness like I have never seen. She will be the one to conquer everything, even Sidious's place among it. I have foreseen it, in a vision.

So many contradicting thoughts, so many things to think about. My mind races with what decision I should have made.

I stand in silence, staring at the journal in my hands. I memorize the writing one last time before lighting it ablaze, destroying any form of indifference my father had for the Emperor.

To my right is a locked chest, I use the force to snap the lock in half and open it. Kenobi's journal along with two slips of paper lays inside. I skim the pages to reveal he began writing within it right after the fall of the Republic. He wrote detailed descriptions of what happened to Vader's children. I lift the papers beside it and open them, revealing two birth certificates. Luke and Leia Skywalker, but it appears Leia's name was soon after altered to Organa. Both born of Padmé Amidala and Anakin Skywalker. I immediately pull out my communicator and contact Lord Sidious.

"I've found the proof, but it is not only the boy that is Vader's." I tell him, he nods. "There is another. There were twins, Luke and Leia. Leia was left with General Organa after the fall of the Republic and the Jedi Order."

"Good work, Lyra. You will soon be traveling to Mustafar to help Vader with a task, he will contact you momentarily." The Emperor says, seconds after he disappears Vader arrives.

"Come to Mustafar, bring your soldier Maro. I will need both of you." He says and disappears as quickly as he came. I look up at Maro as every other solider exits the house, he removes his helmet and looks at me.

"What could Vader want with both of us?" He asks me, I remove my own helmet.

"I don't know, but we should do well not to question him." I say, my mind racing. "Come on." We quickly board the ship and set the hyperspace coordinates to Mustafar.

...

Maro and I walk slowly inside Vader's palace, he stands on an open balcony with another man whom looks as though he's a scientist. A giant machine sits in front of both of them, it looks as though it's pulling energy from the planet itself.

"Both of you, come to me." Vader says without turning around, we arrive beside him. "This machine had been a project kept secret from the rest of the galaxy. Darth Sidious hopes to conquer death and gain immortality in order to achieve all power. The machine was created to do just that, but he needs two test subjects, one male and one female." He turns to face us. "You both fit his exact qualifications."I make eye contact with Maro before turning back to Vader. "Are you beginning to question the Emperor?" I quickly shake my head.

"No, Lord Vader." He nods.

"Good. Remove your helmets and step up the stairs." We do as he says, heading up the stairs of the machine where the scientist waits. He straps us both into what resembles an Imperial torture chair.

"Just relax." He says and walks away. I look back over at Maro, there is fear in his eyes.

"Control your emotions." I say calmly, closing my own eyes and breathing in and out.

"In 3.. 2..." The scientist says, I hear the machine powering up. "1." A beam of energy appears from above and comes down to wrap around both Maro and I.

I clench my teeth before crying out in pain, feeling as though my blood is boiling from within. My skin burns as the energy festers deep in my bones, it feels like it is changing me on a molecular level. Then, a cracking noise comes, as if the machine is coming apart.

"Turn it off, it's falling apart!" I hear Vader shout.

"We can't! The energy is too strong! I told you and your Emperor this was a one shot chance, this is what I meant when you both didn't believe me. We must let it finish now, they will die if we don't." The scientist says, Vader stands in silence as the metal pieces burst apart and I land on my knees, the last of the energy fading away. I breathe heavily and look down at the floor. My reflection has changed, my hair has turned shock white , my eyes blaze red rather than the usual Sith yellow. I look up at Vader, he comes to stand before both of us.

"You two are all that's left. You should hope that is good enough for the Emperor."