18.

Months Later
...

"You face your final test today." Galen says, motioning to the front door. "Board my speeder. There is a creature that dwells in the caves of this planet. It is strong with the dark side of the force, it is what gives this creature life. Allow the force to lead you to it, and it will pass judgement over you. Succeed, and you will truly be all powerful. Fail, and this will be the last time we see one another." I study his eyes before nodding. He hesitates, but then places a hand on my forearm. "You can do this, Lyra. You will succeed."

"I will see you again." I tell him, he nods. I climb on the speeder and power it up, closing my eyes and allowing the force to surround me.

I speed off in the direction I am pulled, the force leads me to the highest mountain on this planet. I park the speeder and head towards the massive cave entrance. The inside is pitch black, no light travels in from the outside. I ignite my saber, the glow of red offers some light to the void around me. As the paths wind through, I allow the force to guide me blindly. Finally, the path ends in a massive cave. The place begins to rumble, glowing red eyes appear before me.

"Who goes there?" The booming voice shouts, walking forward. My eyes adjust to see a massive creature standing before me, it's skin black and covered in scales. It's fingers end with sharp talons that crack the ground as it walks.

"Lyra Adhara, Darth Verloren." I tell it, it leans down closer to me.

"Grand Inquisitor, descendant of Darth Traya. I have sensed you for a long time." The creature sits up straight, looking down its nose at me. "You train with Starkiller, Galen Marek. He sends you here before me, just as he came so many years ago."

"He says you will pass judgment, tell me if I have truly harnessed my power." The creature nods.

"He is correct." It's voice shakes the cavern, I feel it rattle through my body.

Suddenly I float into the air, my arms pinned to my sides and my legs stuck straight. Rocks and dirt float with me as I raise to meet the creature's eyes. Their glowing eyes grow brighter, boring deep into my soul. As the creature searches within me, the growing feeling of burning rises through me. I clench my teeth as he moves deeper, looking further. Finally, I cry out in pain and my eye turns yellow. Control your power. Galen's voice in my head calms me, focuses my mind on containing the power within me. The creature drops me to the ground, leaving me breathing heavily.

"You have passed. Return to Galen, you have harnessed your power."

...

I arrive back at the house, Galen rushes outside when he hears the speeder approach. A small smile just barely breaks through his face.

"I did it." I tell him, he quickly comes closer.

"I am proud of you, Lyra." He tells me. He stares at me for a moment, clearly unsure of something. He then wraps me in an embrace, against his better judgement it would seem. I raise my eyebrows in surprise but wrap my arms around him, a grin on my face. He pulls away and looks back at me. "We need to head out for supplies, the next closest planet is Coruscant." I nod and he quickly gathers his things.

...

The streets of Coruscant are full of life, people walk between shops and buy from vendors.

"It's been a long time since I've seen this many people at once." I say to Galen. Not since I left the Resistance. My mind drifts back to Leia, and back to Maro. The connection I once felt with him feels weakened now, our bond lies lost within the force. Our paths no longer coincide as our priorities begin to change.

"I've never enjoyed company, I've always liked to be on my own." Galen tells me. He quickly glances at me. "Well, never used to enjoy it." I just barely hear him say this, he mutters it under his breath. He heads to the first vendor, then the next, until we have everything we need. He comes up to me holding a meiloorun. "I got you this, I remember you said you like them. A gift for passing judgement." I take it from him and nod with a smile. "Let's head back."

We begin walking back toward the star port holding our belongings, Galen decides we should take a dark alleyway as a short cut back to the ship.

"I've been looking for that girl for a long time." A voice says from behind us. We both spin to see a bounty hunter with gray skin and a tall, long ponytail. Aurra Sing, she walks closer to us with a blaster in hand. "There is quite the price on the head of the former Grand Inquisitor." Galen ignites his saber and steps in front of me, placing his arm across my stomach.

"You've spoken your last words, Sing." Galen says. A blaster shot suddenly comes from the right and digs itself into the unsuspecting Sith, sending him stumbling. I walk forward and grab Sing by the throat with the force, blocking Galen as he falls to the ground. I throw my saber at Bossk, who sits perched on the rooftop. It digs into his stomach, he stands in shock before falling to his knees. I catch my saber as I squeeze my fist, Sing's neck snaps in half and she falls to the ground.

"Galen." I say, rushing towards him. He holds the wound in his chest and nods.

"Get... to the ship. More will be... coming for you." I shake my head and pull him up.

"Not without you, now come on." I hoist him up and he drapes his arm over my shoulders, using me as support to limp towards the ship. When we arrive, I strap him into the co-pilot seat and take off. "Stay with me Galen, we'll be back soon."