27.

I fall to my knees and cry out in pain, screaming against the energy that runs through my body. Scars begin to travel up my hands and feet, making their way through my arms and legs. Excruciating pain rips through me, feeling like it is burning me alive from the inside out. Then it suddenly stops, I look up with blurred vision to see Rey standing above Sidious's lifeless body. I let out a breath and fall to the side, my vision darkening.

"Lyra!" Rey shouts, dropping the sabers and running to me. She pulls me into her lap and brushes the hair from my eyes. "Stay awake, I'm going to get you out of here." A broken and bloody Ben Solo limps toward me, collapsing beside Rey.

"Master." He says. I reach for him, my hand just barely moving. He takes it and holds it tightly. "He's dead, you helped stop him once again." A smile attempts to reach my face, my vision continues to darken.

"You will have a time to rest when you return back to Galen, not now. You have lived so many lives, Lyra. But you have one final life to spend eternity in. Don't let Sidious take that from you." I meet Rey's eyes, her face hovers blurred above me. Pain rips through my body, little energy is left within it.

"Lyra!" The voice I know all too well shouts, he runs over to me. Galen collapses above me, pulling me from Rey into his own arms and standing up. "Stay with me, my love." Without another word he runs from the temple, heading back to the platform that will float him up to the ship. My eyes travel back to see Maro chasing after him. "You're going to be okay, just stay awake."

"I..." I try to say, each words takes all the breath I can hold. "I... can't..." My eyes begin to close, I try to keep every bit of focus I have left on Galen.

"Lyra please-" I hear Galen say just before my eyes slide shut.

...

My eyes flutter open to soft light, for a moment I believe I lay in Galen's house, reliving the memory of my first few days I spent with him. I begin to look around to see the inside of the Resistance infirmary. Wounds that are reminiscent of lightning bolts run up my body. I slowly lean up, my body aching as I do so, and force my legs off the bed. I lay in loose robes, they just barely press against my raw skin.

I carefully push myself off the bed, clenching my jaw at the pain, and begin limping through the room towards the door, using every surface as a support. The door opens and I slowly make my way out, looking around at the Resistance fighters. They no longer run around preparing for battle. Now they sit relaxed, talking with one another or just enjoying each other's presence. The leaders gather around the command table but talk with much less intensity then battle planning. I can only assume they now sit deciding what to do next, now that the First Order is gone.

"Lyra?" I hear Rey say, rushing towards me and placing her hands on my sides to hold me steady. "You're awake!" I look around at everyone one last time and then back at her in confusion. Ben comes to stand beside her, my eyes widen in shock at him.

"Where's Galen?" I ask, she chuckles.

"Come on, he's been worried sick." Ben offers me his arm and I take it, using him as support to walk- very slowly -forward.

"I'm glad to see you up, Master Adhara. I was worried about you." I look up at him.

"How long has it been?"

"Two weeks. The fighters here haven't known what to do with themselves with no war left to fight. I think they spend their time trying to get used to being around me." I pat his arm.

"They'll come around, take it from me." We finally reach the hangar bay, fighter planes lying stagnant on the runway. Maro and Galen lean against crates, talking with one another as the sun rises. Galen glances back when he sees Rey and Ben but does a double take when he sees that I stand between them.

"Lyra." He says, his voice full of love and relief. He breaks into a sprint and wraps his arms around. I suck in a breath as he squeezes my wounds.

"Careful, my love." I say. He loosens his grip in realization and pulls back to look at me.

"I'm sorry, darling. I'm just so glad to see you again." Rey smiles at me and takes Ben's hand, pulling him away to leave me with Galen. I kiss him for a long time before pulling back and offering my hand out to Maro. He takes it and wraps me into a shorter, more gentle hug. I hold both of their hands and close my eyes, allowing the sun to soak into my skin.

"It's finally over." I open my eyes and look at Galen. "We can go home."

...

I stand holding Galen's arm so I don't fall as Poe loads the last of our things into Galen and I's ship. Poe, Finn, Rey, Maro, and Ben come to stand before us once the ship is packed.

"Are you sure you don't need us for anything before we leave?" I ask, Rey smiles at me.

"You have done more for the Resistance and this galaxy than any of us. It's time you go rest and finally, truly live." She says, taking my hand. I hug her and she pulls back to go stand beside Ben.

"We will miss all of you, please visit." I say. They all nod and wave as Galen and I turn and enter the ship. I sit down beside him and meet his eyes, he smiles at me. "So, what's the first thing you want to do when we get home?" He starts the ship and lifts into the air.

"Finally have more than five seconds to hold the woman I love." He says. He takes my hand and jumps into hyperspace.