Nyx

Izuku Midoriya was quirkless. That was a fact that would never change. An unfortunate reality, hammered into his mind by each and every one of his peers.

  "Useless fucking Deku. I swear, if you even think of applying to UA I'll kill you. Substitute your stupid notebook with your face, and you'll get the picture." Bakugo, Izuku's main tormenter, said murderously.

  Izuku trembled under his gaze, tears forming in his eyes as the blonde's lackeys laughed.

  "Nothing to say? Man, you're pathetic." One said.

  Bakugo turned and walked to the door, but then stopped, like he'd had a thought.

  "You know, if you really want a quirk that badly.." he turned back to Izuku, his eyes glowing with malice.

  "You should take a swan dive off the roof and hope for a quirk in your next life."

  Izuku flinched, rubbing pointlessly at his itchy eyes. Bakugo laughed out loud, then left, the others chortling after him.

  The greenette stood there for quite a while, unable to stop his shoulders shaking, or his eyes from leaking.

  Izuku packed the last of his things and headed outside, ignoring the notebook that the fish were nibbling at in the pond.

  He wandered about, not paying attention to where his feet took him, just trying to get as far from the school and Bakugo as he could.

  *What would you do if I really jumped? Would you laugh then? Would you really defile my grave, like you always said you would? Do you think they'd let you off with instigating suicide?*

  Izuku looked up at the sky, spotting the moon hanging low over the horizon, visible even in the day.

  *I want to be a hero.. just like you, just like All Might! But.. without a quirk, I can't.*

  "I just wish something would change.." he muttered unhappily.

  Izuku blinked, and found himself in an unfamiliar place.

  His head jerked around frantically.

  *Where am I?? Is it a villain doing this? What should I do??*

  Now that he looked properly, the place he was in wasn't unfamiliar. He was in a box, with odd looking walls.

  "The wall is made of.. stars? No.. space? The night sky?" He muttered, his previous anguish forgotten, instead replaced with a firm curiosity.

  "It is night, and Night is me."

  Izuku spun around in surprise, only now noticing the woman stood in a corner of the box.

  "W-who are you? Where am I? What's going on?" He asked hesitantly.

  The woman gently smiled.

  "There is no need to be afraid.. I am Night, although some call me Nyx. Others refer to me as God, but that is not important." She almost whispered her words.

  Izuku thought that meeting God was pretty important, but left that part alone for now.

  "What is this place?" He asked.

  "We are currently in the void, floating around in a pocket dimension right next to your planet. This is the crucible. I was.. imprisoned here, long, long ago. There was a great war, and I lost. The victors trapped me here, on this world, the majority of my power in this box." She said.

  Izuku, a little more trusting of the woman, nodded.

  "The reason we fought.. is not important anymore. They did bad, I tried to do good. Battle and carnage were inevitable. They searched the cosmos for the most out of the way planet and imprisoned me here. They did not expect an intelligent species to evolve so quickly here, but I helped humanity along with what power I could seep through the walls of my prison. I seem to have caused a mutation in humankind however, people are wandering around with odd abilities."

  Izuku nodded in understanding.

  "I understand, thank you. But.. why am I here?" He asked.

  Nyx sighed, gesturing to the box.

  "This box is starting to weaken. Soon, my full power will escape, and I will be able to resume my struggle. They know this however, and are coming to secure me properly once again. When they find that humans have evolved here, and they have a unique ability, they will slaughter the population of Earth." She warned.

  Izuku trembled in fear.

  "W-why would they do that? We haven't done anything to them!"

  Nyx nodded sadly.

  "They will attack because of what humanity could become. Think about how weak quirks used to be when they first appeared hundreds of years ago. Think how strong someone like Bakugo, your tormentor is today. They fear what your race could do in another few centuries." She explained.

  Izuku's eyes shook. Superpowers would doom humanity.. just for existing?

  Nyx stared urgently at the greenette.

  "I have felt your anguish from those who have wronged you, and hurt you with their gifts. To you who has endured 13 years at the hands of the strong, I grant you unparalleled strength, with which you can protect your fellow man with. Izuku Midoriya, do you accept my gift?"

  Nyx held her hand out to Izuku, who hesitated just for a moment. He knew she wasn't lying. He could tell just by the walls of the crucible, which were formed from the vastness of space, yet were completely solid. He could also feel something. A warm buzz in the back of his mind. A friendly presence, reaching out to him.

  Izuku reached out his hand, grasping the woman's. For a moment, nothing happened.

  Then everything did.