Magic

Izuku woke up from the best sleep he'd had in years. He hadn't been plagued by nightmares of Bakugo or his gang, instead he'd had a pleasant dream about a goddess granting him magical powers.

  "That's strange.. I don't remember coming home yesterday.. how did I get from school to here? Wait. Did I do my homework???" He mutter-yelled.

  Izuku reached into his schoolbag, checking the double-everything he was assigned.

  "It's all done..?"

  Izuku looked around for anything unusual or out of place, but everything was fine. The only weird thing was the dream he was starting to think was real.

  He thought it may have happened because of the mark on his hand.

  There was an oblong on his palm, and long lines on the inside of each finger and thumb, from the tip of each finger to the palm of his hand. It was like he had a skeletal hand tattooed on the inside of his own one. At the end of each 'finger' was a slightly wider circle, connected to the end.

  It was not difficult to spot, because it was light blue in colour.

  Izuku frowned, pulling back his sleeve.

  A thick line went down the inside of his arm, connected to the skeletal hand, reaching up his forearm and ending in a circle on the inside of his elbow. A single blue line was marked around his wrist, a perfect band, crossing over the line on the inside.

  Izuku gulped, wondering how he was going to explain it to his mother.

  *Oh don't worry, only you, I and our enemies can see the veins.* A voice said in his head.

  "N-Nyx..?" Izuku asked quietly.

  He could feel the response.

  *Did you.. nod? And I felt it?* He thought.

  Nyx smiled.

  *I have gifted you the ability to control mana. How you use it on or around yourself is up to you, but I recommend starting with your eyes. That way you can actually see what you're controlling. I'm afraid I must go, projecting my consciousness outside the crucible is quite tiring, even for me. Good luck Izuku-!*

  Nyx's presence in his mind disappeared, and Izuku was left staring at his hand. And he began to think.

  *She said vein.. a vein for what though? Mana? How do I get it? Is it already there? How do I control it then? Perhaps with the marked hand?*

  Izuku raised his hand, trying to manifest anything at all.

  "She said to start with my eyes.. do I just think about pouring mana into my eye?"

  Izuku's right eye suddenly glowed light blue, and he was able to see the same blue glow all around him, in the air, on his skin, under his skin, around the bulb on the ceiling.

  His eye soon fizzled out, returning to normal.

  "The mana is most present within me.. so do I just naturally produce mana, or do I absorb it?" Izuku began to mutter.

  By the time Inko called him for breakfast, Izuku had managed to get both eyes working with mana for a couple of seconds.

  Izuku wandered downstairs, activating his eyes and observing the blue flash he saw from his mother.

  *So living things either store mana from their surroundings, or just naturally produce it?*

  Izuku focused his eyes on his plate.