Elemental

It took Izuku a week to control his fire.

  He was sat on the beach again, stretching all his senses except his eyes out, noting every detail. He soon came to the conclusion that he needed to see what he was doing with his mana, so moved away from the hotspot, a little further down the beach.

  Izuku charged his eyes with mana, sticking his hand out and releasing a stream of concentrated magic.

  The mana ignited, giving Izuku the flame he wanted.

  The greenette pulled and pushed at the mana inside the fire, twisting the flames around himself, watching them dance around, feeding it every so often with a bit of mana to keep it going.

  Izuku almost shouted out in happiness.

  Nyx was ecstatic.

  *I never expected you to do it so quickly! I am most impressed Izuku. You have an excellent affinity for fire, which means the wind will soon come under your control too. Once you have mastered those elements, move on to the earth. Water is the most difficult, as it is hard to keep each and every molecule under control. With this level of progress, you'll have at least fire and wind ready for the high school exams. UA is an excellent place to improve your skill and prepare for the enemy.*

  Izuku nodded, letting the flames splutter out and sitting back down next to the hotspot, recharging quickly.

  *I'll do my best. I'll go beyond, and master 3 elements in 12 months! I won't let you down!*

  He spent 2 months training fire. As three of his four original months were part of his holiday, he was able to move on to wind much earlier than he thought.

  Izuku found that he could use 'heat' in the mana to move the wind around, similarly to how he controlled fire.

  Izuku then found his favourite ability.

  Flight.

  He could fly by propelling and cushioning himself on the wind he controlled. It required a lot of practice, and some fine tuning, but he was able to fly at low speeds.

  Controlling the wind alongside the fire complimented the flames greatly, he could move them faster, further and stronger for much longer.

  Then Izuku moved on to earth.

  Earth was the easiest of the three, as he needed to grab a part of it with mana, and the whole thing came with it. The problem was, it tended to crumble when he just pulled it out of the ground. Izuku soon learned how to strengthen the structures with mana, and keep the earth walls he pulled up together.

  Earth didn't really go with the other elements. It was more of a stand alone defence power, which Izuku was happy with. It was simple and effective, which he liked.

  Soon enough, Izuku had two months to go.

  He'd mastered three of the elements, like he promised he would, but he still had time before the exams.

  Izuku returned to the beach daily, and tried controlling the water.

  He could pull out droplets of water the size of his head, but any more than that and he dropped most of it. But it didn't take long before-

  "Surface tension..?"

  Izuku used mana to strengthen the bonds between the water molecules. As he was only strengthening and not controling every individual molecule, it didn't take much effort. He tugged at the surface molecules, and they responded.

  Izuku pulled a huge segment of the seawater upwards, twisting it around.

  "It's similar to earth.."

  Nyx spoke up for the first time in months.

  *Water is the easiest to control once you've learned how. You went beyond your beyond Izuku, I'm so proud!!* Nyx gushed at him.

  Izuku blushed in embarrassment, letting the water settle gently back into the sea.

  "The entrance exams are in a week.. what should I do until then?" He asked.

  Nyx shrugged.

  *As far as progress goes, it's your choice. Mana can be used in many ways, but from here you can only choose one path. Continue to strengthen your body to expand your mana pool, but other than that, just find new ways to use mana. Even I don't know them all.*

  Izuku nodded determinedly.

  "I'll do my best. I'll think about what else I can do though, thank you Nyx."

  The presence disappeared from his mind, and Izuku decided to go home for now. He'd trained enough, and gained control of each of the elements.

  *Maybe I should register it as quirk..? No, I'll keep it to myself for now. It's not really a quirk, and they might be able to tell because my body remains the same..*

  Izuku opened his door.

  "Hey mum, I'm back!"

  "Hello Izuku, did you enjoy your walk?"

  Izuku nodded, hugging his tiny mother.

  "It was fine. What's for dinner?"

  Inko smiled, walking back into the kitchen.

  "Katsudon, it's been a while since we've had it."

  Izuku cheered, wandering up the stairs to his room.

  He sat on his bed and thought.

  He thought about all the ways he could improve his magic further.

  Izuku's eyes snapped open as he had a thought.

  He focused on the pencil on his desk, pulling at it with mana.

  The pencil rolled, then jumped up off the desk and hovered in the air.

  *If I can lift the ground.. then lifting objects should be even easier!*

  Izuku picked up several objects and made them whizz around the room.

  *Telekinesis is a mental power, so there aren't any physical changes in people with telekinesis quirks... I could register this as my quirk for UA!*

  Izuku laughed as he lifted every object in his room without a problem, lifting the desk, chair, bed, wardrobe and everything in them.