confused

gender dysphoria : refers to psychological distress that results from an incongruence between one's sex assigned at birth and one's gender identity.

you stared at the term, eyes widening a bit. it wasn't an unusual occurrence, having to google up terms you didn't know, that was how you found out your sexuality after all. this one, though, after doing a bit more research, seemed a little.. too odd? not like- odd as in confusion, or bad, or- it was something.

"hey, i'm back~!" you jolted whenever itadori walked in, plates of food in his arms as he sat beside you, you rushing to get out of the site you were on, him immediately noticing. "what'cha you looking at?"

"nothing." you lied, immediately hitting your head on the bed since he could clearly tell something was up. "sorry, i just- i had to google a term i didn't know, and.. i just kinda figured stuff out.."

"what stuff?" he was curious now, leaning back to face you while also looking through some movies for whatever you would watch.

"froggy position."

"what?"

"froggy position." you lied again, but he seemed confused, pulling his phone out and googling it, and you laughed at the way his eyes widened, turning back to you with a blush on his face, asking you a hundred questions a minute.

the movie eventually started up, both of you moving on from your tiny argument, sitting beside each other with your back against his chest as the movie played, though your mind was still thinking.

"hey, yuuji, you're bi, right?"

"hmm, yeah, why?"

"umm, how do you feel about transgender people?" you glanced up at him, and he thought for a minute, which worried you, before he shrugged.

"i don't know, i guess- they're just.. normal? like everyone else? i've never met a trans person before, so i don't have a personal opinion on them." he started, thinking hard for a second. "are you wondering if i'd date a trans person?"

"yeah."

"well, yeah, probably. i'm bi so i swing both ways anyways, i don't really care about what people have.. down there." he squinted a bit, trying to actually think for once, making you laugh a bit. "what about you?"

"umm.. i don't know, honestly." you shrugged, staring down at nothing. "trans people kinda.. confuse me.. though i haven't met one either.. but i think i could date one.. i mean, dating a trans dude wouldn't be that different from dating a cis guy, right?"

"that's right, i think."

"okay, then.." you sighed, scooting so you were resting your head in his lap, his hands immediately going to run through your hair, making you sigh. whatever you were thinking could wait. you weren't about to make some impulse decision after finding a term that somewhat described you. you could wait.