euphoria

gender euphoria : an experience transgender and non-binary individuals feel instead of or along with gender dysphoria. a trans or non-binary person may feel gender euphoria by presenting as the gender they identify with and/or by using their preferred pronouns.

"what does that mean..?" you squinted at the screen, waiting in front of the store for yuuji to come out, having run in to buy something real quick. "what's nonbinary mean-? i never properly googled that, hold on-"

you flinched when someone suddenly bumped into you, sending you to the ground, wincing at the pain in your arm, probably scabbed.

"shoot!! i'm sorry, sir, i didn't see you!!" your eyes widened, looking up at the person you had bumped into, their hand out to help you up, and you took it, being pulled up to your feet. they apologized again, before running off, you standing there, bewildered.

sir..?

you bit your lip, gripping the cloth of your shirt in your hand tightly, softly smiling to yourself. you flinched when the door to the store opening, yuuji stepping out, bag in hand with a smile when he walked up to you.

"i'm back!! did i miss anything?" he adjusted the bag to his other hand so he could hold yours, both of you continuing your walk, and you wondered if you could tell him about what happened.

screw it, you thought. "someone bumped into me and called me sir."

"they called you sir?" his eyes widened a bit, glancing back at you with a squint. "you don't look all the boyish today, that's weird."

"i don't-?" your eyes widened, and he nodded, mentioning something about your hair or clothes, you didn't know, you just frowned a little, turning to the sidewalk and going quiet.