finally

"do you know where everyone went?"

"uh, maki and kugisaki went on a date, fushiguro is asleep, and inumaki and panda went to go eat." you stated quickly, hoping your lie worked as you plopped on the couch next to him. "it's just you and me here right now."

"that's neat!! we barely ever spend alone time together!!" he smiled, his arm moving around your shoulder, and you nodded, fidgeting slightly as whatever movie fushiguro had picked out started up. "oh yeah-! by the way, did you wanna go on a date this weekend? i saw one of kugisaki's clothing magazines yesterday, it had some really cute stuff you might like!!"

"like.. feminine clothes?"

"yeah, like baggy sweaters and skirts and stuff." he was smiling, excited about the idea to get out with you, and you did, you wanted to get out, but with his idea..

"ah.. i'm not really going for a feminine style that much.." you smiled a bit, and he turned to you, tilting his head to the side. "inumaki let me search through his closet, and he had some really neat more boyish clothes i liked. actually, this shirt is one of them." you grabbed the cloth in your hand, it was just a simple baggy shirt with dogs on surfboards on it. it was cute, but it was still a boy's shirt! "i really like it, so i kinda wanna find more like it."

"inumaki let you search through his closet?" he hummed, shoot he was gonna ask more, but he smiled, nodding. "i think it's a cute shirt! i'm sure we can find more like it!"

you sighed in relief, he was still kinda dumb.. too dumb, honestly, how hadn't he caught on? you were gonna have to tell him at this rate.

"oh yeah, has your voice changed?"

okay he wasn't all that dumb.

"has it?" you rubbed your throat, you honestly hadn't noticed much of a change (it was supposed to take a couple months to change, much to your despise), but then again, itadori had spent hours talking with you, he would probably notice. "is it different?"

"yeah, it's a bit lower." he hummed, leaning closer to press his head to yours as you moved your hand away from your neck. "last week, too, but it's lower now than then."

okay how the heck did he notice that.

"odd.." you mumbled, you'd have to ask fushiguro about it. but you smiled, turning to look at him. "at this rate i'll sound like a boy, huh?"

he nodded just a bit, and you fidgeted awkwardly, that probably wasn't a good joke. "uh, i've been meaning to ask, is something going on..?"

oh boy. "what do you mean?"

"well, you've been avoiding me a little for a bit.." he started, moving his arm from around you, frowning slightly. "you've been hanging out with fushiguro more, doing stuff i don't know, and kugisaki has been talking about you like you're doing something important.. and the second years were talking yesterday about how they're proud of you, and excited.. i'm just.. worried, i guess, that i don't know what i'm not a part of.."

your eyes widened a bit, biting your lip as you stared at nothing. "yuuji.. listen.. i- this is- really hard for me to say, and- i don't.. you.. you're not.." why was this so hard? "i told.. megumi something about me, and i didn't even know it about me, and.. he's been helping me through it.. the others were helping, too, because.. you're the closest to me, and i had no clue how to tell you about.."

his eyes widened a bit, but nodded, his hands moving on top of yours, how did you end up with such a good boy?

you inhaled, exhaled, trying to get yourself to speak. "i- i'm.. t-trans.."

he stayed quiet, and you glanced up at him, seeing the surprised, but still calm look on his face. "that's it?"

"wh- what do you mean "that's it"."

"i mean- i kinda figured."

"what."

"upset when i said you didn't look boyish, stealing clothes from fushiguro and inumaki, wearing that hat you wore the day that person called you sir." he named them off, your eyes widening, a smile appearing on his face. "i wasn't sure, though, so i asked fushiguro, and he seemed really defensive about it."

"oh." you looked down, watching him rub his thumb over your hand, something to calm you down. "shit. i should've told you sooner-"

"no, it's okay! i'm just glad you told me!"

"yuuji, we're dating, you should've been the first or at least the second to know!"

"how many other people know?"

"like six. maybe seven. maybe eight. maybe even nine-?"

"okay, well, i'm in the top ten!!" he huffed, and you smiled, biting your lip and looking down, his hand leaving yours to hold your face, gently lifting it up so you could look at him. "thank you for trusting me enough to tell me."

"i.. y-yeah, i mean- we're dating, it makes sense.." you saw him smile, your hand moving to his on your cheek. "so you're.. okay? with us? cause i already started t, there's no going back-"

"no, no, it's okay! if anything, i can brag to kugisaki that i got a girlfriend and a boyfriend before her." that made you laugh, him laughing as well as he leaned to down to kiss your forehead, peppering your face with kisses as his hands moved around your waist to pull you closer, you squirming as you smiled, hands moving to his shoulders. you watched him stare up at you, his smile only getting bigger as he spoke. "i love you, i don't mind you changing, i just want you to be happy."

your eyes widened, face going warm, sure your blush went from your ears to your neck. "i- i love you, too. thank you for sticking with me.."

"of course.. umm," he stopped, thinking. "do you- have a new name? or-"

"y/n." you smiled, tilting your head to side when he mouthed it quietly, trying to memorize it before he smiled, arms around you tighter to hug you, making you yelp when you fell backwards, back hitting the couch. "yuuji-!"

"y/n!" he repeated, smiling up at you as you both adjusted to make yourselves comfortable, and you huffed, tilting your head back. "i love you!"

"quit saying that, it's embarrassing!"

"i love you!"

"stop it-!"