Chapter 2: The Day

I walk into history class when I suddenly bump into alyxia (my best friend since elementary) She greets me and I start ranting about what my mom told me last minute. She tells me to shut up as usual since she never really cares about my rants, good for nothing bestie I guess. We take a seat at our desks and our teacher walks into the class shouting "everyone ready for the last day of school?!?! Woop woop!!!" silence fills the classroom, me and alyxia turned to each other and since we sat side by side, we laughed because of how cringe this teacher is. After class is over we decide to skip the rest of our classes because why not fuck it we are seniors after all. We leave through the gates that are usually open for students who are late and walk to the nearest gas station. it was raining, cloudy, and dark but we didn't mind. Thankfully alyxia let me borrow a sweater so I wouldn't be soaked. Alyxia pulls out an edible from her backpack and I never taken one so I was asking her what will happen to me and she told me "Don't be such a pussy Jacob and just take it, we should At least have a little fun now that it's the last day of this hell hole even if we missed almost all our classes" She held it out and I grabbed it. Before I ate it, I looked at the sky and thought California weather has been so weird lately, one day it would be raining the next it would be clear. I put it in my mouth and slowly chewed it. Me and alyxia left from the gas station on our way to the park close to us and all of a sudden I felt weird and couldn't feel my legs. I tell alyxia I felt weird and she just laughs and laughs and laughs, it's like she was communicating with me by laughing. We reach the park and sat at a bench, we both sat on our backpack since the bench was wet and just talk, before we could even finish a sentence, we would end it with a laugh. I looked at my phone and it was 3:30 pm and school ended 30 minutes ago. I scream at alyxia saying we have to go back ASAP. I still couldn't feel my legs running back to school but I was so scared it didn't matter. We both hurry up and made it to the schools parking lot where we originally left. The gate was closed and I told alyxia we have to jump it and make it seem like we stayed after class since lee is on the other side of campus waiting in another parking lot. We hop over the fence and walk to the other side of campus. I still felt the effects of the edible but I try my best to hide it. As I walk out the open gates on the other side of campus with Alyxia, I hear my name being called out and turn to the right to see a muscular man waving his hand out to me, I soon came to realize that was lee. I speed walk to Lee's car and look through the passenger sides window inside the car and notice how attractive lee is. I open the door and beg for lee to take alyxia home because I felt bad leaving her to walk in the rain, he agrees and I signal over to alyxia to get into the car. During the car ride, silence fell once again and all I Could hear was the rain hitting the windshield. before I knew it, we where at Alyxia's house. I say goodbye to alyxia and she tells lee how thankful she was that he took her home, lee smiled and said "don't worry about it, a friend of Jacob's is a friend of mine!" Alyxia shuts the door and runs inside her house. Lee starts driving home and once again.... silence fell. I was staring out the window watching the rain fall on the road when lee suddenly asks me "Jacob, why didn't you attend your other periods?" Still staring out the window my eyes widen in shock. My brain not thinking correctly because of the edible I digested, orders my mouth to say "because I wanted to" Lee makes a sharp turn making me bump my head on the window. He then said "what was that?"  I got flashbacks when I told my mother that he was probably going to kill me and hide my corpse behind some bushes but I guess it was my fault for answering him so rudely. I replied with "what are you talking about? I attending every class and I stayed after school to catch-up on missing work maybe they thought I was abse-" before I could finish speaking lee yells out and says "DONT LIE TO ME" My mouth goes dry and suddenly I feel a tear running down my cheek facing the window. I quickly rub it off with the sweater alyxia gave me and just stared out the window leaving lee un answered. A minute passed and the car came to a complete stop.  I open my eyes to see a huge house through the window. We where In front of a huge gate surrounding the house. The house had to be maybe twice as bigger then mine. I hear a click from my left ear and the gate opens, lee drives inside and I hear a click again but this time it opens the garage where he parks the car. I open the door of the car before lee can open it for me. He locks the car and closes the garage. As soon as the garage door closed a light turned on inside the garage. I could see a white door that I guess leaded inside the house. Lee walked to the door and opened it. He went inside and I stayed int he garage. He came back and told me "well aren't you gonna come in?" I told him "Well aren't you gonna tell me sorry" he asked for what and I replied with "for yelling at me". He looks at me up and down and with a smirk on his face and said "No, now get inside" I groan and walk through the white door with the golden knob. The inside of the house was truly beautiful it had double stairs that lead upstairs and a huge chandelier hanging above us. The garbage door was next to the main door of the house. Lee signals me to follow him and I do, he leads me upstairs, down a hallway to a door that he opened, and said "this will be your room" the room was very modern, it was like he hired a room designer to make fit for a teen. I'm guessing that was his plan. He then pats me in the back and pushes me inside the room and tells me "I'm going to take a shower, go ahead and explore the house if you'd like, we will talk about everything at dinner, do not go into my room, Is  that clear?" I nodded. Instead of "exploring the house" the edibles alyxia gave me left my body for need of sleep, it was like I made eye contact with the bed and fell asleep.