03: Capture the Flag, But With A Twist

I couldn't sleep

I couldn't sleep. I always have this problem, every night. I just feel way too awake. I quietly tiptoed out of bed. I slipped on my shoes and walked outside. I walked to the archery range and twisted my bracelet. I started hitting the targets, almost hitting every one in the middle. I was on my 10th one when I heard a voice in my head.

"Go to sleep my darling."

"I can't. I always have this problem. Who are you anyways?" I asked.

"I can't tell you yet my love, but I can soon."

"Whatever." I said and went back to shooting. Suddenly, a young girl, about 12, approached me.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"I'm Isabella. Who are you?" I asked.

"I'm Jasmine, Who's your parent?"

"I don't know. All I know is that it's my mom, and she keeps talking to me in my head. I really want to know who she is." I answered sadly.

"I'm sure you'll know soon." She said. And suddenly, she transformed into a grown woman, about 21.

"I hate having to transform, but I didn't think you would take me seriously as a 12 year old." The woman says, giggling.

She radiated power, and had an aura as silver as the moon. That can only mean one thing.

"Artemis?" I asked scared.

"Hello dear, look at how you've grown!" Artemis says as she makes her way towards me. I backed away.

"Darling, what's wrong?" She asks.

"Why are you here?" I ask.

"I suppose I should explain myself. I am your mother."

"WHAT?" I asked, fuming.

"16 years ago, I fell in love to a man named Robert Covelli, your father. 2 years after, you were born."

"But, you vowed to stay a maiden, forever!" I said.

"I did, but your father was unlike any other man I have ever met. I loved him." She said, tearing up.

"So, I'm your daughter. That makes me a forbidden demigod, doesn't it?" I asked."

"I'm afraid so, my darling." Artemis said, wiping away a tear.

I was frozen in place from shock. Finally, i mustered up all the courage I could, and hugged her.

"My dear sweet Bella. Oh how I've longed for the day you'd do this." My mom said.

"Me too, Mother." I said.

And before I knew it, she snapped her fingers, and I was back in my cabin. I fell asleep, I didn't realize how tired I was until just then.

************
Outfit:

The next afternoon, I was practicing my archery when Annabeth said we'd be playing capture the flag, in honor of my arrival

"That's so cool! When?" I asked.

"Tonight!" She said.

So later that night, when the sun went down, and the moon came up, we played. The Hermes cabin made a temporary alliance with Athena and Poseidon, so I was with Percy and Annabeth. Athena's cabin also allied with Demeter and Apollo. Ares got the rest of the camp.

"Campers take you marks! You know the rules, no maiming or killing allowed, I will serve as medic and referee. Go!" Chiron said.

I immediately ran up a tree and positioned myself. My job was to shoot anyone coming in to take the flag. I felt so alive, possibly because it was a full moon tonight. It was beautiful.

Just then, a girl who looked about my age was passing right through. I don't know how she did that, but somehow she did. She must not have seen me hiding in the trees, so I shot her leg with a silver arrow.

The girl screamed and cried out in pain. I quickly jumped out of the tree and touched her leg. I don't know why, I just felt inclined to.

As I did, her leg wound became smaller and smaller, until it was finally healed. I was shocked and surprised.

"How did you do that?" She asked.

"I don't know." I said.

Just then, Percy came barreling past with a red flag with a spear and a boar on it. As he crossed the border, it changed to a blue flag with a trident and waves on it. We had won.

Everyone was chanting "Percy, Percy, Percy!" when they all of a sudden stopped, looking at me, and no one made a sound.

"That can't be." Chiron said, astonished.

I looked up. Sure enough, A faint, silvery bow hologram was on top of my head.

"Isabella, would you care to explain?" Chiron asked, amused.

I said "I am Isabella Covelli, the forbidden daughter of Artemis."

************
Whoa, so she's finally been claimed. What do you think?!

Xoxo, Liz