08: I Get A Prophecy & My Mom is Missing

It was later that evening when we were told we would be playing capture the flag. Excited, I pulled out my bracelet and smiled.

"Oh boy, we are gonna kick your butts!" A hunter said.

"Don't underestimate Camp Half-Blood." Was all I said as I walked out of the door with a smirk on my face.
**********
"Bella! Get in here, quick!" Zoë called to me after dinner, before the game.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Lady Artemis! She's been kidnapped!" A hunter said.

"What?! No. how could she be captured? She's a goddess!" I exclaimed, laughing.

"It is true, I'm sorry Bella." Zoë said.

"No. No. No. No." I said, wailing.

"I think we should leave her alone girls, lets get ready for the game." Bianca suggested. Then they left.

I sunk to my pillow and began to sob. I didn't know what to do. Will there be a quest to save her?

I glanced at my necklace. The gift she gave to me just this morning. Had she really gotten captured so quickly?

I decided to play this game for her. I stood up, wiped my tears, and headed out the door with a defiant look on my face.

"Bella, I just heard what happened! Are you okay?" Percy asked.

"I'm fine." I said, smiling.

"Okay. Let's play the game." He said and patted me on the back.
**********
Chiron had just finished explaining the rules. We were running out into the field. My job was defense. I stood by the lake and watched Percy run into the woods. He turned around and gave me a thumbs up. Then he left. I decided to climb a tree and wait it out. It was about 5 minutes later when I heard the screams of the Hunters. Styx. Zoë was leading as she was with about 2 others, Bianca and Phoebe. They hadn't seen me yet, I knew that.

"Oh, those campers just do not know defense." I heard Zoë say.

"Oh really?" I called out and climbed higher up the tree.

"Bella, you might as well just surrender." She said, smirking.

"Nope. This is for you mom, wherever you may be, I'm going to find you!" I screeched and started firing arrows.

Only they were way too fast. They ducked easily, and began shooting their arrows. I had been defeated easily. I jumped out of the tree and they shot an arrow at my leg.

I yelped in pain and fell to the ground. I was thinking about how I was able to heal that girl in my first game, months ago. I looked up at the sky. Then, the moon had been out.

Now, that's not possible.

Because the moon has been kidnapped.
**********
The game was over. Percy and Thalia were fighting, and I was about ready to step in.

Until the lighting and the waves were summoned.

Then, I decided it would be best to just sit this one out.

Nothing was really going on until Percy was about to summon another wave, I was debating on stopping him, when he turned and stopped cold.

I turned. And there she was. Out of the attic.

"How?" Was all I could say.

She turned to Percy, then turned away. To me.

"What is your question?" She asked.

And I had known.

"What must I do to save my mother?"

She began to speak.

"Six shall go west to the goddess in chains,

One shall be lost in the land without rain,

The bane of Olympus shows the trail,

Campers and Hunters combined prevail,

The Titan's curse must one withstand,

And one shall perish by a parent's hand."

Styx. This should be fun.

"I volunteer." I said, at the same time Zoë, Bianca, Phoebe, a Hunter, Percy, Grover, and Thalia said.

"Well, the prophecy said five, and that's 8 who have volunteered." Chiron said.

"You guys don't need me, I'll step out." Grover said.

"No. I don't want any boys on this quest. We'll make an exception for you, you're technically only half boy." Zoë said.

"So, what? I can't go?" Percy said.

"It's best to let Zoë get what she wants." Phoebe said.

"And Thalia, I want you. I've seen what you can do." She said.

"Wait, then that means I can't go?" I asked.

"Bella, you haven't had enough training for a quest this big." Chiron said.

"But it's my mom!" I screeched.

"I know, but it's too dangerous." He said.

I huffed and ran back to my cabin.

I began to sob again.

I must've fallen asleep because I woke up to the Hunters coming in.

"Shh, ladies. We don't want to wake her up. She's had a rough night." Zoë said sadly.

As they piled into their beds, when I was a positive they were all sleeping, I slipped out of the cabin.

I ran all the way to the lake behind Percy's cabin.

Apparently, I wasn't the only one with the idea.

"Hey." I said, and Percy jumped to his feet, and doused me with water.

"STYX!" I screeched.

"Bella! Oh my gods, I'm so sorry." He said.

"It's okay. As if this night couldn't get any worse." I said and began to sob.

"Hey, come here." Percy said and enveloped me into a hug.

And then the unthinkable happened.

He kissed me.
**********
WOAH WAIT WHAT?!

Yeah, i planned this for a long time.

Do you ship it?

Pella,

Or

Bercy?

I don't really know, comment what YOU think the ship name should be.

Don't worry, I'm not getting rid of Percabeth, you'll just have to stay till the end😏😏😏

(EDIT: if I see one more person commenting that they aren't going to read until the end because I "ruined Percabeth," they will be blocked and won't be able to read the rest anyway. The whole point of reading a story is to read UNTIL THE END so you find out what happens. Many things change throughout a story. The end has a serious plot twist and you will see Percabeth start to form like Rick Riordan intended. It's my story, not yours, not anyone else's. I can do whatever I want with it. Don't judge the book from the middle of it until you read the entire thing. You don't have to ship it, just be respectful of my story).

lol I'm evil.

But, then again, aren't all writers?

Peace✌️

Xoxo,
Liz