𝙃𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝘽𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝

re·gret
/rəˈɡret/
verb
feel sad, repentant, or disappointed over (something that has happened or been done, especially a loss or missed opportunity).

re·gret/rəˈɡret/verbfeel sad, repentant, or disappointed over (something that has happened or been done, especially a loss or missed opportunity)

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

"you wouldn't understand sapnap."

sapnap's eyes narrowed at the dusty blonde sitting against the back wall of the room, the soft glow emanating from the only light source in the room illuminating dream's figure, the light glinting off the dead expression on his porcelain mask.

"try me dream."

dream sighed through his nose. he hated that sapnap had that look in his eyes when he looked at him- the look of hurt and defensiveness that he knew he deserved.

"look, if you never cared for me, never cared about george, then just say it dream. dont avoid the subject because you want to spare my fucking feelings or some shit- you broke me when you threw it all away just to end up in here, so just break me again now, it doesn't matter."

dream met sapnap's eyes.

"is that what you think?"

"what?"

"i care about you sapnap."

sapnap took in a shaky, labored breath, his eyelids fluttering for a second. this hurt so much worse than if dream had just said he didnt care.

"then whyd you do it?"

dream tore his eyes from sapnap's and moved to the clock on the wall, staying silent.

"whyd you throw us away dream? me and george and callahan- we were behind you the whole time, karl idolizes you-"

"power."

there was a certain deadness in his tone, as if he'd repeated it to himself over and over until he himself was convinced that was the reason. sapnap scoffed.

"you threw away all your friendships, your alliances so- so what? you could keep your name at the beginning of the world?"

a hint of hysteria entered sapnap's voice.

"dream if youd asked me to sacrifice myself for you- even if it was my last canon life- i would have. in a heartbeat i would have."

sapnap took a moment to compose himself, closing his eyes until he was sure his voice wouldnt crack anymore and the stinging behind his eyes was gone. unsaid words hung in the air before he spoke again.