𝙋𝙧𝙖𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙂𝙤𝙙 𝙞𝙛 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙃𝙚 𝙀𝙭𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙨

res·pite
/ˈrespət,rēˈspīt/
noun
a short period of rest or relief from something difficult or unpleasant

res·pite/ˈrespət,rēˈspīt/nouna short period of rest or relief from something difficult or unpleasant

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

he turned to face the raven-haired boy behind him, pulling his mask off his head.

"ive always loved you sapnap."

there was a silver flash in the dimly lit room right before sapnap felt a sharp pain in his stomach.

sapnap looked down slowly as he choked up something dark and rust-flavored.

the hilt of a knife protruded from his abdomen.

his knees buckled, but dream caught him before he fell, sinking until he was on his knees, an arm behind sapnap's head as sapnap laid shaking in his lap.

"a-always?"

sapnap's hoarse voice sounded as crimson liquid spilled from his wound onto dream's other hand.

dream leaned down.

his eyes flicked to the auburn ones looking up at him, then to sapnap's lips.

he hovered over blood-stained lips, his breath brushing lightly over sapnap's cheeks as black spots started to cloud the younger's vision.

"always."

sapnap lost consciousness.

he jolted upwards with a start.

he looked around desperately, eyes glancing over his room as he looked for any sign of dream in the almost pitch-black room.

when he found none, his head managed to catch up with him as he sat, dazed, confused, and scared.

he was in his bed.

in his room.

he wasnt with dream.

a hand flew to his stomach.

there was no knife.

he sighed, letting himself flop back into his pillows.

"im going insane."

reaching up to press his palms to his eyes, he felt tear streaks that spread over his cheeks.